Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fort Worth PD 2014 Hiring Announcement - 1 Day Only!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth PD 2014 Hiring Announcement - 1 Day Only!

Just a heads up: Fort Worth PD is opening the 2014 police trainee hiring process.

The application window is open for ONE DAY ONLY from 0800-1700hrs on July 8.

For more info, Click this link: http://fortworthtexas.gov/hr/info/default.aspx?id=2996
    That is the actual HR page for the city of Fort Worth.

For information on the PD site, click this link: http://www.fortworthpd.com/recruiting/

Pay, benefits, etc are all available online.

You only have to apply online. The civil service test and the rest of the process begins later.
    Last edited by fencipede; 07-04-2014, 10:20 AM.

Wow I've never seen that before usually I see police departments give more days to apply then that. Do they not want a whole bunch of people to show?

Comment

I don't know the rationale behind it. If history is any indicator I would expect 1000+ to apply. That seems to be the annual average from what I remember. (Disclaimer: I am not a part of the recruiting staff or a part of the hiring process in any way. I don't have hard data, just anecdotal.)

Remember, all you have to do is go online to apply. You don't have to show up on that day. It merely gets your name on the list to take the civil service test later and start the process.

Comment

I just applied. I am moving in with a friend end of the year to Uptown Dallas. Google Maps shows it is a 35 minute drive from there to downtown Fort Worth. How strict are they on that requirement?

Comment

35 minutes from uptown Dallas to downtown Fort Worth is realistic, in a helicopter.

Comment

Anyone have Info on Fort Worth police department.

Comment

What kind of info are you looking for?

Comment

jehende...if you are trying to look for information on any department, please utilize google as your first source to get to the department website. If you are applying to be a police officer, you may want to work on those investigative skills instead of relying on someone else to supply you the information.

Comment

I'm already a cop. I Googled surfed website etc. I want to information regarding the morale, what type of work place...strict/laid back. Any behind the scenes information. And it's always good to get direct information from someone who may know. Thx for any information u guys can give. PM if u prefer

Comment

Morale is pretty good for the most part. We are getting our retirement attacked just like everybody else, but fighting it. Its a good department, pretty good supervisors, pretty good hiring standards. Every once in a while some slip through but I imagine that happens everywhere. Overall i've been happy with Fort Worth, the pay is not tops in the state but its still pretty good. I'll put it this way, if my best friend was asking my honest opinion, I would highly recommend coming here.

Comment

Dwebb thank you sir. That's what I was looking for.

Comment

I went to the testing event in 2012 and it had to be over a thousand people there, your chances seemed to be very seem. I'm happy that they only opened it up for 8 hours. Any idea of how many people they plan on hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by mikepoke1 View Post
                          I went to the testing event in 2012 and it had to be over a thousand people there, your chances seemed to be very seem. I'm happy that they only opened it up for 8 hours. Any idea of how many people they plan on hiring?
                          They generally shoot for two classes with 40-50 people, we never graduate that many obviously. I don't have any info if they are trying for more or less, that's just the past 10 years or so on average.

Comment

I took the test, cut an 89 and ranked 178. Looking to see if anyone here has an idea of the attrition rates so I can figure out what my chances may be. Also, what (if anything) should I be expecting next? Thanks

Comment

I am ranked at 121 and a coworker is ranked at 205. It is better than I did in 2012. They offer practice PT tests on Saturdays. I hope to make it there next week. Good luck to everyone who made the grade.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3833 users online. 204 members and 3629 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X