Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed my entrance exam at..

Local TX PD. Excited.

Working on my packet and everything looks good.
    I am worried about one thing. I am relatively young, 25 and have a very limited credit history.
    Experian says it's fair/good ~700. I have $200 on a credit card that I use for groceries and gas that's revolving (one late payment). I also have deferred payments on student loans (recent grad).

I have my bachelors, but with my school debt ~30,000, will this be a big deciding factor for their decision? Am I being paranoid or should I be concerned?

Thanks.

Paranoid, if it's brought up then explain that you are going to be financially responsible.

Comment

As long as you have never been late on payments, never defaulted - then you should be fine.

I was in the police academy at 18 and I was sworn shortly after my 19th birthday… you'll be all right.

Comment

Should not be a problem. I have chaired and sat on many oral boards and have conducted many background investigations. As long as you are paying on your debt and just not ignoring it, you should have no problem. A persons credt score comes into play when they just charge, charge, charge, and live way beyond their means. That shows that a person is irresponsible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6232 users online. 345 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X