Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey how's it going. As an out of state applicant, for me, I did the initial interview, the written exam, the polygraph, and the physical agility test on the first trip. Yes, mine was slightly out of order, but as the email instructions they sent to me stated, everything is based on officer availability. I would also caution you that the instructions clearly stated that not every step is guaranteed during your first trip...again, it probably comes down to officer availability. However, it appears as though ideally, for out of state applicants, you will complete the first 4 phases on the first trip, and the remainder on the second trip.

Where are you coming from? Regardless, I definitely would recommend applying. HPD seems like a really awesome Department, everyone I have interacted with has been incredibly professional. As soon as I walked into the Recruiting Division I instantly felt as though HPD is a place where I would want to work.

Comment

Houston pd October academy

I finish all the phases and just waiting on a call, hopefully I get that call soon. Just keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by mike4548; 08-22-2014, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jr03 View Post
        Hey how's it going. As an out of state applicant, for me, I did the initial interview, the written exam, the polygraph, and the physical agility test on the first trip. Yes, mine was slightly out of order, but as the email instructions they sent to me stated, everything is based on officer availability. I would also caution you that the instructions clearly stated that not every step is guaranteed during your first trip...again, it probably comes down to officer availability. However, it appears as though ideally, for out of state applicants, you will complete the first 4 phases on the first trip, and the remainder on the second trip.

Where are you coming from? Regardless, I definitely would recommend applying. HPD seems like a really awesome Department, everyone I have interacted with has been incredibly professional. As soon as I walked into the Recruiting Division I instantly felt as though HPD is a place where I would want to work.
        Thank you sir. I'm coming from DC. Last question, for the personal history packet at the end where it asks for notary signature. Do they want you to take it to a notary of your choosing or is the officer who you turn it into a notary and you sign it in front of them? Thanks again.

Comment

I am fortunate that my military unit has a notary, so he signed mine.

Comment

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how long it would take for Phase 2?

I did an interview on August 4th and one of the recruiter said that I should get something in the mail or an email by the end of the month. However, I haven't received anything in the mail nor email. Does anyone know?

Thanks!
            -Ken

Comment

kenxpascual - Phase 2 (for me) was the following week. Most of the phases were pretty fast up until the BI.

Any one else started or completed their BI?

Comment

pjkaty....maybe next week will be our week!

Comment

Anybody hear anything????

Comment

Completely silent on my end. Seems like things are more backed up in the BI phase than I had imagined a few weeks ago.

Nothing we can really do though, I'm sure they are working as hard as they can, and processing them in the order they were received.

I do wonder how close to filling the October class they are though.

Comment

Just wanted to see if anyone on here has been hired for the HPD October class? I believe orientation is this weekend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5460 users online. 349 members and 5111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X