300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of Luck to you jr03.

I passed my polygraph about 7 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I called several times in July and the response was to expect a delay due to everyone's scheduled vacations around the 4th of July holiday. Called last week and left a message but no return call yet...just a waiting game.

Comment

Awesome, sounds like we are in the same spot, you probably took the polygraph about a week before I did.

Out of curiosity, were you told that you will definitely be attending the October Academy (if you pass the remaining steps), or is there is a possibility they will not finish your process in time (and you will attend the Feb Academy)?

Comment

Jr clear your pm's

Comment

Herb

All clear

Comment

pjkaty,

Would you mind turning on your PMs? I want to send you a message.

Comment

jr03
              PMs are on now.

Comment

Awesome, sent.

Comment

http://www.chron.com/news/article/De...hp?#item-32539

Comment

Has anyone heard any information on whether or not there are still openings for the October academy, or if everything is filled already?

Comment

Originally posted by jr03 View Post
                      Has anyone heard any information on whether or not there are still openings for the October academy, or if everything is filled already?
                      October 13 is the start date for the 221st class. It's more than seven weeks from now. If history is a good predictor, and it is, the class is not likely filled by this time. However, I don't think HPD is having problem filling the class like it did the previous class. Because it has not made any announcement about incentive bonus for the October class yet.
                      Last edited by gabazlee; 08-21-2014, 10:41 PM. Reason: bad wording

Comment

Gabazlee,

I was thinking the same thing due to the lack of bonus. Does anyone know how HPD makes a final determination about who gets in to an academy if it has more applicants than spots? Is it simply whoever finishes the process first gets hired, or are applicants ranked on an eligibility list?

Comment

Just wondering how far everyone is in the process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gabazlee,

I was thinking the same thing due to the lack of bonus. Does anyone know how HPD makes a final determination about who gets in to an academy if it has more applicants than spots? Is it simply whoever finishes the process first gets hired, or are applicants ranked on an eligibility list?
                            I don't know the exactly selection process. But safe to say that when there are more than enough eligible applicants, they pick out candidates with better qualifications. For instance, military experience, clean criminal record and college degree can make a difference in some close cases. I doubt it is the matter of whoever finishing the process first gets the spot.

Comment

Mike,

I completed the polygraph about 7 weeks ago, and am waiting to be assigned to a BI. I'm an out of state applicant though, so my timeline may be different than some. What about you, where are you in the process?

Gabazlee,

I hope you are correct. It would be nice if we both make the October Academy!

Comment

Mike,

I completed the polygraph about 7 weeks ago, and am waiting to be assigned to a BI. I'm an out of state applicant though, so my timeline may be different than some. What about you, where are you in the process?

Gabazlee,

I hope you are correct. It would be nice if we both make the October Academy!

Question for you out of state applicants. I know that I heard that for out of state applicants they consolidate the process into two trips. What phases do you knock out your first trip and your second trip?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3066 users online. 155 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X