300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston pd October academy

Anybody going through HPD process right now? I just took my PT test last Thursday.

Just curious how long did the hiring process take for you?

Comment

Yeah going for October I take my pt test next thursday July 10th I believe

Comment

UGS I'm still going through the process, I took my pt test a couple weeks ago and was told someone would be in touch, my BI emailed me a week ago to get some statements on prescribed medications and I haven't heard anything yet, I'm a little worried that I haven't scheduled my polygraph yet, anybody in the same boat?

Comment

You have plenty of time. A "clean" background with a local applicant can be done in about 4 weeks. If there are some issues to work through or some travel involved it can add a few days to a few weeks to the process.

Comment

Coasty,

I am hopefully in the running for the October Academy. I flew in to Houston for the week to do the out of state testing. I was able to complete the written, agility, and polygraph. If anyone is reading this and is from out of state and considering applying, HPD has a really great program for out of state applicants!

Comment

Hello, does anyone know how many years does the background investigation cover? I mean is it the last 5 years from the date of the BI starting, or 10 years for example??

I lived abroad for 11 years, that's why I'm curious.

Comment

Will there be a sign-up bonus for the October class like the previous class?

Comment

I hope so but maybe not since they haven't announced it yet. It would be helpful though, especially for me since I will be moving across the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CoastyEmt06 View Post
                    Anybody going through HPD process right now? I just took my PT test last Thursday.
                    I am. Discharged from the Army in March, Started application process with HPD in April, was told too late for the June class, got pushed to October class.

Comment

Gazablee, Just curious, are you an out of state applicant, or did you move to Houston when you left the Army in March?

Comment

Originally posted by jr03 View Post
                        Gazablee, Just curious, are you an out of state applicant, or did you move to Houston when you left the Army in March?
                        I'm from Houston.

Comment

gabazlee, would you mind turning your private messaging option on. I had a few questions for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jr03 View Post
                            gabazlee, would you mind turning your private messaging option on. I had a few questions for you.
                            It's on. Or you can call me @832-606-2616. Name is Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gabazlee View Post
                              It's on. Or you can call me Name is Tony
                              you really shouldn't post your phone number on a public forum guy! absolutely anyone with an internet connection could read this and call you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2740 users online. 137 members and 2603 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X