300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna, Melissa, Celina, Princeton or Farmerville

Does anyone know anything about these agencies?

Pay:
    Benefits:
    Work Schedules: IE 8-10 or 12 hour shifts?
    Administration:
    Overall Moral of the Dept:

If anyone knows of any other agencies in this area and would like to shed some light on those, please do.

Thank you all in advance. I do appreciate it.

Originally posted by bankerboy2646 View Post
    does anyone know anything about these agencies?

Pay:
    Benefits:
    Work schedules: Ie 8-10 or 12 hour shifts?
    Administration:
    Overall moral of the dept:

If anyone knows of any other agencies in this area and would like to shed some light on those, please do.

Thank you all in advance. I do appreciate it.
    ps: I also meant to include van alstyne to the list

Comment

All small towns. Small Town politics. Celina pays well, but you deal with a lot of small town bs
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by BikeCop501 View Post
        All small towns. Small Town politics. Celina pays well, but you deal with a lot of small town bs
        Thank you Bike Cop for your reply. I guess no one else knows anything detailed about any of these agencies. I will apply to McKinney and Allen but those two departments might be more difficult to get your foot in the door with. I assume at any rate lol.

Comment

I know a lot about these agencies. Celina pays high 50's. Use to have take homes, not any more. Department of 8 officers I think (might be a few more now). Newish cheif with in the last few years. 1 captain 1 sgt. Drive Tahoe's, not much room for growth or promotion. Small town that has money and a lot of political bull****.

Princeton has 11 officers, a captain chief, sgt, sro and a warrant officer. Again not much room for growth. 4 sq miles 7000 people. Mostly lower income. Still a small town, has some drug issues.

Anna has a city limits of 1.7 square miles, and 11 officers. They also patrol a good part of Collin county.

Melissa is similar to Anna, they work hand in hand with each other.
          Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Thank you Bike Cop. That is a lot of great information. I think these departments would be good foot in the doors. Would you agree? I am living in Craig Ranch so I would love to stay in the area if possible.

Thanks again for all the insight.

Originally posted by BikeCop501 View Post
            I know a lot about these agencies. Celina pays high 50's. Use to have take homes, not any more. Department of 8 officers I think (might be a few more now). Newish cheif with in the last few years. 1 captain 1 sgt. Drive Tahoe's, not much room for growth or promotion. Small town that has money and a lot of political bull****.

Princeton has 11 officers, a captain chief, sgt, sro and a warrant officer. Again not much room for growth. 4 sq miles 7000 people. Mostly lower income. Still a small town, has some drug issues.

Anna has a city limits of 1.7 square miles, and 11 officers. They also patrol a good part of Collin county.

Melissa is similar to Anna, they work hand in hand with each other.

Comment

If you're looking just to get your foot in the door I'd recommend Princeton. For a small town that place always had something going on and most the folks I dealt with from there were dopers.

Comment

All of them are small towns, have more than their fair share of small town politics, and with the exception of Celina, they're pay is not competitive. Many of them are running one or two patrol units per shift and rely on the sheriff's office for backup and vice versa.

Princeton is a special place. You will probably stay busy there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4134 users online. 243 members and 3891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X