300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communications Officer Testing

I have a test coming up on Thursday I just got a call about for a communications officer job (job located in a city outside of Houston).

Can anyone shine a light into what's this going to be focused on? I'm assuming its a civil exam that's focused on reading and writing comprehension. Could use any input, as I am short notice.

They also have a Police Officer job exam coming at the end of June I will be putting in for.

Is that basically a 911 dispatcher? If so, that is what I do now. The test was just a basic dispatch test that proves you can multitask to a certain degree. It isn't realistic to what we really do but it does filter out some people out there.

I would say either just take only one of the exams. Average training time for dispatch is 9 months-1 year. They will frown on you trying to apply to patrol if you get hired on as a dispatcher so soon. In my city, they asked me to wait 1.5-2 years after my hire date to apply for patrol which I am now doing this summer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6224 users online. 329 members and 5895 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X