300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKinney Testing.

I dont' know if anyone is testing with McKinney this weekend, I will be this weekend. Has anyone here tested for them in the past and could give me a little insight on how things work? For example it says you'll take the physical test after you take your written test. Do you have to wait for everyone to finish the written and then you all go over there together or once your done you just go out to the track?

Anyhow if anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated. sorry for the sloppy post I'm at work and just had to throw this up here real quick.

Thanks

I'm sure they will do as they have int he past. There were will an allotted time to take the written test. If you finish early it will just give you more time to change into PT clothes and get to the PT test site earlier. I'm sure if an applicant does not receive the minimum passing grade on the written test they will not be doing the PT portion.

Comment

Okay I just didnt' know if they started everyone individually for the PT or if they just waited to start in groups or something. I'm typically a fast test taker. So I was curious how it works. I'm from out of state so wanting to get this done and get back home.

Has anyone been through the testing before? How long is the written test? I was hoping the PT portion would still be conducted in the morning hours when its cooler.

Thanks.
      Last edited by longdistancecop; 04-29-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I'm testing this weekend. I emailed them and they said expect to be there until between 2-3pm.

Comment

Wow 2-3 thats a long time. I wonder how many people will show up to test. I'm expecting several hundred.

Comment

Wasn't there a limit on applications they are accepting?

Comment

I don't think so. I would assume several hundred. Why would they limit it? Curious why do you think there was/is a limit? Anyone know how many typically test? How many are they trying to hire?

Comment

I've seen several department limit the number of people to the first 200 or 300.

Comment

This is my first testing so I have only heard this or that. Regardless should be interesting. I just hope it goes by fairly quickly, which I'm sure it won't heh. You don't know how many they are looking to hire?

Comment

Side fact. In Las Vegas, they stop accepting applications at 900. Hence, why it takes 2 years to get through the hiring process, lol.

Comment

Wow thats a lot 900!? WOW! Well here's hoping only like 5 people show up lol j/k. Probably 150-200 I'm assuming. I heard they might hire 18 but, I can't remember where I had heard that. So I'll take that information with a grain of salt.

Comment

I tested at Mckinney in the Spring of 2013, I got hired somewhere else so quickly withdrew.

If the test is anywhere close to the same, it goes like this....

Arrive at the school where the test is being proctored, and you will sit with a few other people at the table. You will take the exam and turn it in, and move to a holding area with a few other people who just turned there test in. An officer will come to the holding area and alert the recruits who passed and who didnt pass.

If you passed, you will be given a time to return to the location of the PT. I would use this time to get a small lunch, and prepare yourself mentally for the test. You will then meet for the physical test.

They did the running portion using the "RunOn" chip system that you attach to your shoe. This allows everyone to run at the same time regardless of what lap everyone is on. The chip tracks your time.

If you pass all the tests, you receive a packet you must turn in and then you wait.

Side note: McKinney officers were very big on pushing everyone to push themselves past the minimum passing standards. While this should be everyones goal anyway, I highly encourage you to do it here. Officers walk around and congratulate you out loud if you are doing great, and they go tell other officers if you are doing awesome. McKinney requires a picture of your face with your personal history packet. There is a chance they will recognize your face in the packet as the guy who was dominating.

Comment

If you finish first do you have to wait for everyone else to finish the written before you move on to the pt? How long start to finish for the day? How many showed up when you tested?

Comment

Everyone arrives at the PT at the same time. Then you branch off into groups and began each task. Keep in mind this was in spring of 2013, not sure if it is the same.

Id say at least 200 were there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4646 users online. 254 members and 4392 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X