300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas DPS A-2015

Thought it would be a good idea to put any posts for the A-2015 applicants in a new thread so we don't bombard any other threads! Applications are opening up in a few days and I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be applying for the A-2015 class. I'm pretty excited, and I've been doing my best to get ready for this! I can't wait to meet y'all and good luck to everyone!

Thanks for making a new post. I'm applying to a few city PDs which may take root before the 2015 Alpha class commences but I still plan on applying with DPS as well. My brother just went on a ride out with them last week and had nothing but good things to say about the experience. Hope all goes well for you, TexasJr.

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been reading/following past DPS Academy entries for the last couple years. A lot of good info and knowledge.
      I too, am applying for the A-2015 class (I'm out of Waco). I did a ride along with a Trooper for the first time last weekend, and had a blast. Incredible group of guys.
      Best of luck to us all as we start the application process.
      Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.
      Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.

Comment

I'm applying out of San Marcos. I've been on a few ride alongs and I've enjoyed every one of them. I'm also applying to San Marcos PD and I wanted to try my hometown PD but there seems to be no info on upcoming testing, but I just wanted to apply to those as a backup since I'm graduating soon and I need something. DPS is my first choice though.

Comment

I will be applying again to DPS for the A-2015 class. I applied for the B-2014 class early on. I will say that the process went smooth. I passed the polygraph, and then got the email stating I wasn't chosen to continue. I found the reason for not being chosen , and are in the process of fixing it (not a hard fix, just more time consuming than anything). I was told that I had to wait six months before I could reapply. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Hopefully we will be in recruit school together.

Comment

Anyone else applying out of region 6? I've got my test day set for June 6th

Comment

Hey D-W-H, what did you get on your PRT the first time around, and did you do the traditional PT or the rower? If you don't mind me knowing.

Comment

Another first time poster. Working so I can do well on the PT test for the a-2015 class.

A couple questions.......
                1-At what point can you quit your current job?
                2-At what point do you get your first paycheck?
                3-If you were to fail, how long before you can go back to the academy?
                4-What is the math like on the tests? Is there much algebra? Do you have to do everything long-hand on paper with a pencil, or do you get a calculator?
                5-Is there a list of supplies to bring with you to the academy, in case I get accepted but don't find out until right before?

Thanks fellas. Get more excited about it every time I read these threads. Sure hope I get accepted.

Comment

New guy here preparing for possible entry into A2015 class.
                  James - here is what I know from reading previous posts.
                  1 - That depends when you find out if you are accepted
                  2 - I remember reading with in the first week, insurance benefits at 90 days
                  3 - Not sure but I think 6 months
                  4 - Have you looked at the practice info on the website? There is practice tests to do. Also there is a website that I can post on Monday (at the office) or just look up math for 12 graders. I think you have to do everything long hand no calculator.

Nelson
                  The supply list will have to come from someone in a current class, so post in A or B 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by drnls View Post
                    New guy here preparing for possible entry into A2015 class.
                    James - here is what I know from reading previous posts.
                    1 - That depends when you find out if you are accepted
                    2 - I remember reading with in the first week, insurance benefits at 90 days
                    3 - Not sure but I think 6 months
                    4 - Have you looked at the practice info on the website? There is practice tests to do. Also there is a website that I can post on Monday (at the office) or just look up math for 12 graders. I think you have to do everything long hand no calculator.

Nelson
                    The supply list will have to come from someone in a current class, so post in A or B 2014.
                    Thank you for your help buddy.

The practice test was really simple, I didn't know if that was close to the real test or not. Just feel like it would be harder. But if the practice test is as it says, it's not too hard.

As long as there's no algebra, I'm good. Lol.

Comment

mathisfun.com is that math website, you should dig a little into everything you don't remember, but really focus on the stuff that the practice exam says to practice, especially the decimal and fractions stuff... that is what I've always seen everyone emphasize, and that's also what my recruiter emphasized to me... other than that, I'm pretty sure the entire test is going to be a high school level test, and my recruiter said that the math would pretty much be like at an 8th grade level.

Comment

TJr. - thanks for posting that. Any one have an idea what the schedule is like at the academy?
                        I know you wake and start PT, breakfast and not sure after that.

Comment

I'm wondering if it's ok to send copies of my birth certificate, social security, naturalization paper, and driver license and then bring original documents when I go to TX since I'm an out of state applicant.

Comment

Verification?

Comment

Originally posted by career31905 View Post
                              I'm wondering if it's ok to send copies of my birth certificate, social security, naturalization paper, and driver license and then bring original documents when I go to TX since I'm an out of state applicant.
                              You may want to ask your recruiter to make sure but this is the response I got from mine. The answer was yes, then bring the originals on your test date so that the tester can initial your copied documents.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4717 users online. 257 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X