300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloaded ammo

Does anyone know a place around the DFW area that is selling reloaded ammo? I am trying to find some reasonably priced practice ammo.

Thanks for the help.

The only commercial reloads I would trust are Black Hills Blue Box.

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
      The only commercial reloads I would trust are Black Hills Blue Box.
      Thanks for the tip. However I called them and they want more for reman ammo that I can buy new at the inflated prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        Thanks for the tip. However I called them and they want more for reman ammo that I can buy new at the inflated prices.
        Yeah Black Hills is match grade stuff.

Either buy Black Hills or reload your own, don't trust another's reloads. Almost every ka-boom is attributed to bad ammo and most of those bad ammo ka-booms are from reloads.

Comment

Yeah Black Hills is match grade stuff.

Either buy Black Hills or reload your own, don't trust another's reloads. Almost every ka-boom is attributed to bad ammo and most of those bad ammo ka-booms are from reloads.
          I have been thinking about reloading my own. Its just expensive to start up and I dont have a clue on what to buy.

Comment

I have been thinking about reloading my own. Its just expensive to start up and I dont have a clue on what to buy.
            There are several books on Amazon that are very good, even the ones that aren't made by the people who make the reloading gear.

I know of two sources for reloads, neither of them local to DFW, and neither of them have immediate availability. One is in SoCal, local to me in the 818. Another is located in Montana (I think) and has a very good rep, plus they give LEO discounts.

Comment

Looked into .22 at all? I have a conversion for my ar and my duty Glock. Saves a lot of money
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                Looked into .22 at all? I have a conversion for my ar and my duty Glock. Saves a lot of money
                I have a few .22's. However I like to practice with my duty gun and they do not make a .22 conversion for it.

Comment

What's your duty gun? They make them for Glock, m&p and sig
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                    What's your duty gun? They make them for Glock, m&p and sig
                    Springfield XDm .40

Comment

Look at the Dillon Square Deal. It is a good reloading machine and watch the video on the way it works to start your research on reloading.

Comment

Look at the Dillon Square Deal. It is a good reloading machine and watch the video on the way it works to start your research on reloading.
                        Thanks for the link. After watching that video I will look into reloading myself.

Do you have any good reloading how to links?

Comment

We've got a place out here that sells to LEO's, 330 out the door for 1k .223 and about 240 out the door for 1k .40's. Never had an issue with shooting them either. Speaking of, I think I need to call him..... But we're a good 4 hours from dfw.

Comment

You might check the Ft Worth gun show or the Mesquite gun show, both coming up later this month.
                            That is if you get there early, and don't mind the lines.

Comment

Thanks for the link. After watching that video I will look into reloading myself.

Do you have any good reloading how to links?
                              Here is something to get you started. There is a section at the top marked "Tutorials."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3975 users online. 237 members and 3738 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X