X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 openings- Hall County Sheriffs Office

Deleted removed

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgtgyfhfdghhhbffhbv
    Last edited by Maverick1701; 07-23-2015, 04:11 PM.
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Do you guys get electricity way out there? I keed I keed

Comment

Originally posted by corona11 View Post
      Do you guys get electricity way out there? I keed I keed
      lol that is why we need another deputy Our last guy got tired of spending an entire shift on the stationary bike we use to generate power for the S.O.
      Chris

Comment

The commissioners court needs to unass some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick1701 View Post
          lol that is why we need another deputy Our last guy got tired of spending an entire shift on the stationary bike we use to generate power for the S.O.
          I'm telling you, hampsters are the way to go. All it takes is a wheel and pellets to keep them happy.

What kind of shifts do you use? 8's, 10's, 12's?
          I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by fox87stang View Post
            The commissioners court needs to unass some money.
            tell me about it. Our main issue we run into is that in our county we have A LOT of farming operations, which means we see A LOT of tax breaks. The plus side is that we have quite a few gas pipeline and power transmission line companies building in the county currently. So we should see some significant influxes of $$$ in the next year or so.
            They are building some power transmission lines across the south end of the county and also some gas pipelines parallel with the highway so that will be REALLY nice once the tax money starts flowing in.

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
            I'm telling you, hampsters are the way to go. All it takes is a wheel and pellets to keep them happy.

What kind of shifts do you use? 8's, 10's, 12's?
            lol thanks Ill keep that in mind.
            We usually work 8hr shifts but we dont have set times (like some dpts have 6-2, 2-10, 10-6). We have a schedule but it's only for time-sheet purposes. The work schedule is pretty much free range and you pick what times you want to work.
            Chris

Comment

tell me about it. Our main issue we run into is that in our county we have A LOT of farming operations, which means we see A LOT of tax breaks. The plus side is that we have quite a few gas pipeline and power transmission line companies building in the county currently. So we should see some significant influxes of $$$ in the next year or so.
              They are building some power transmission lines across the south end of the county and also some gas pipelines parallel with the highway so that will be REALLY nice once the tax money starts flowing in.

lol thanks Ill keep that in mind.
              We usually work 8hr shifts but we dont have set times (like some dpts have 6-2, 2-10, 10-6). We have a schedule but it's only for time-sheet purposes. The work schedule is pretty much free range and you pick what times you want to work.
              You pick your own time to work? How does that work?

Comment

You can't really beat that.
                I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Bump! Still have two openings...we convinced the commissioners to release some money and can go as high as 25,400 for the right person(s) (with insurance and all that other stuff)

Our schedule is every other weekend off as well as two days off the same week as your weekend days off.
                  IE:
                  week 1: work monday-sunday (so work week and weekend)
                  week 2: off tuesday/weds and off sat/sunday

Usually sundays we take it easy...work visitation from 2-10 and take calls or do whatever you want.
                  Last edited by Maverick1701; 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM.
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by slsteiner88 View Post
                    You pick your own time to work? How does that work?
                    We obviously dont have 24hr patrol (due to our size).
                    Usually the Sheriff works days, chief works days/afternoons (so I can handle jail crap), deputy 1 works nights (when I was deputy 1 I worked 7p-3a depending on the day but I am a night owl) and deputy 2 works high traffic times (since his primary job is traffic).

At night we take turns being on call...if something BIG kicks off then we all go.
                    Last edited by Maverick1701; 12-02-2012, 10:51 PM.
                    Chris

Comment

Sounds great where is Hall Texas ?
                      My life is in GOD’s hands, and he hasn’t finished with me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie2006 View Post
                        Sounds great where is Hall Texas ?
                        We are in the TX panhandle about 1-1.5hr south east of Amarillo, TX. County seat is Memphis, TX.
                        Chris

Comment

I've always wanted to get on with a more rural gig, maybe even a sheriff office. However This is just a little too far out there for me lol

Comment

I know it's country and small town. But can you seriously survive on that salary?

Comment

Originally posted by corona11 View Post
                              I've always wanted to get on with a more rural gig, maybe even a sheriff office. However This is just a little too far out there for me lol
                              I know what you mean....it's not for everyone.

Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                              I know it's country and small town. But can you seriously survive on that salary?
                              When I was the patrol deputy (back in 2010) I found it easy-ish to survive on that salary but I'm single w/no kiddos....I just had to make a budget and stay within the limits. I had to make a few changes to my spending habits but that's life I guess. Merit raises help but it takes time for them to go into effect. One thing I wish is that there had been extra work available out here when I was the deputy...there are some opportunities but they just showed up in the area (wind energy site security type deals). That will help (A LOT) to supplement the income for the new guys if needed.

there are a few saving graces....one is that we can use the county vehicle anywhere in the county and a short distance outside of the county (which includes walmart) so you fuel bill is practically zero. two is that most landlords want you in their renthouses (since we are LE) and will give you a really good price for rent (my last house was a 2bedroom 1 bath and I payed $300/mo, my current house is a slightly smaller and is 3br/1ba at the same rent cost). third is we really dont do a whole lot and work is really relaxed. For not doing much we pull a pretty avg paycheck.
                              Last edited by Maverick1701; 12-06-2012, 12:36 PM.
                              Chris

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2265 users online. 135 members and 2130 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X