300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Texas LE about transporting a gun

Hello everyone, I will be traveling from Las Cruces to Carlsbad NM and the fastest way goes through El Paso and Hudspeth county, TX. I was just curious what the legal way to transport a firearm is in your state? I know in New Mexico your car is an extension of your home so you can have a gun anywhere in the car, loaded or unloaded, concealed or not without needing a ccw permit. I know this is not the case in Texas and I do not have a ccw. Should I just travel with it completely unloaded through Texas in the trunk? Just want to do it the correct way. Thank you all for your information.
    Last edited by slsteiner88; 08-08-2012, 01:14 AM. Reason: typo

You can carry it in your car without a permit, but it can't be in plain view.

Comment

Lock the slide to the rear and run your car's antenna through the magazine well and out the top, that way we know you have a gun and we know it is unloaded. Simple solution.
      "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

Are you a convicted felon?
        Have you ever been convicted of any offense relating to domestic violence?
        Have you ever been otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm?
        While driving, are you committing an offense other than a traffic offense (DWI is NOT a traffic offense!)?
        Is the weapon in plain sight?

If you answered no to all of those questions, you're good to go with a loaded, concealed weapon with no license required in your vehicle in Texas! ¡Bienvendios a Tejas!
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by marinevet89 View Post
          lock the slide to the rear and run your car's antenna through the magazine well and out the top, that way we know you have a gun and we know it is unloaded. Simple solution.
          nailed it!

naile dit.jpg
          Last edited by Maverick1701; 08-09-2012, 06:45 PM.
          Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5992 users online. 287 members and 5705 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X