300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPD or SAPD?

so I just received a call to take the phase 2 testing this coming week. I also applied to SAPD. does anyone know anything about DPD and which of the 2 is the better department? moral, pay, advancement etc. which one would you pick and why? ony advice and info will be greatly appreciated.

It's all up to you. We can't choose it for you. There are ups and downs to everything. I've been with DPD for 4 years. I havent received a single increase in pay except for certification pay and have in fact recieved a reduction with furloughs. But on the other hand if you want to work, see the best and worst in people and be real police, Dallas has that . We can't chase in a vehicle unless it's a violent felony and the command staff will throw you to the wolves but I have worked with some top notch officers and do not regret being a DPD officer at all. I'm proud to go home and tell the people I used to know that I am a Dallas Police Officer.
    Good luck in your decision.

Comment

thanks man. i heard different things about DPD and nothing but good stuff about SAPD. i also heard there's nothing like a Dallas police officer. that a year there i can experience what some see in years. how is the advancement in Dallas pd like? promotions, swat, narcotics etc?

Comment

do yourself a huge favor and do at least one ride along with both departments. That way you can be around officers and hear their gripes/concerns about the department and see how they do things....
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Take this for what it's worth as opinions are like you know what! I went to the police academy about 10 yrs ago in a different state, said I never would go through one again. However after spending 3 months in SA prior to deploying again, I would gladly (and am thinking about it) go through the SA process and academy!!

I heard nothing but good things from officers I talked with and John Q Pubilc while I was down there. Very respected agency was the feeling I got from everyone.. Again, I don't live there and this is just my opinion from the short time I was there.

I wouldn't work for DPD, no how, now way.. SA is the only super large agency to get my blood pumping about working for them...
          "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Originally posted by formerdispatcher View Post
            It's all up to you. We can't choose it for you. There are ups and downs to everything. I've been with DPD for 4 years. I havent received a single increase in pay except for certification pay and have in fact recieved a reduction with furloughs. But on the other hand if you want to work, see the best and worst in people and be real police, Dallas has that . We can't chase in a vehicle unless it's a violent felony and the command staff will throw you to the wolves but I have worked with some top notch officers and do not regret being a DPD officer at all. I'm proud to go home and tell the people I used to know that I am a Dallas Police Officer.
            Good luck in your decision.
            You're sure right about your admin throwing y'all under the bus

Dallas police say woman killed in patrol car accident was intoxicated | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Seriously, 6 miles over the speed limit, and it's going to an internal affairs review?? Y'all definitely deserve a pat on the back, not because of the crap on the streets, because of how y'all survive dealing
            with your admin.

Comment

wow that sucks. couldn't be any worse then the agency im with now. our pay is pathetic to say the least. 28k really!?

Comment

knowing what I know about Dallas, I would give SAPD a shot
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5938 users online. 316 members and 5622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X