300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPD or SAPD?

so I just received a call to take the phase 2 testing this coming week. I also applied to SAPD. does anyone know anything about DPD and which of the 2 is the better department? moral, pay, advancement etc. which one would you pick and why? ony advice and info will be greatly appreciated.

By DPD so you mean Dallas PD?

I've heard mixed things on Dallas. Some people who work their like others hate it. I've heard they are pretty political. Dallas and Houston have a not so good reputation it seems like. But like I said I've heard good and bad things.

I've heard good things about San Antonio PD though. Very professional and a good department to work for.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who wish us harm." ---George Orwell

Comment

Whoever offers you a job first

Comment

I work for the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and its a nightmare! pay is extremely low and its very political as well. im talking pay is 28k. They gave me a job first and I dropped a job at the Garland police dept. im trying to avoid that again I guess its just a risk i have to take

Comment

San Antonio.

Comment

Dallas. Every department has down years. Training, action, and good officers.

Comment

With Dallas the pay and benefits suck. But on the flip side you get great training and lots of experience quickly.

Comment

Hello forum, I work for the texas department of criminal justice and I make 31000/yr. I was think were should I go next SAPD, Bexar or DPS, but with what hawk said I dont wanna take a pay cut like that.

Comment

Originally posted by CoVet View Post
                  Hello forum, I work for the texas department of criminal justice and I make 31000/yr. I was think were should I go next SAPD, Bexar or DPS, but with what hawk said I dont wanna take a pay cut like that.
                  According to the SAPD website, you would be making almost $30k during the academy that jumps quickly up to $40k and $44k. DPS starts at $35k moving up to $47k in less than 3 years. DPD starts at $41k. All the agencies have additional incentive pays, so I'm not really sure where you think you are getting a pay cut.

Comment

San Antonio > Dallas

Comment

I work in the Dallas area but I don't know anything about Dallas P.D. I went to San Antonio for vacation and talked so several Officers down there and they said they love it down there. A Sergeant told me that they are hurting for people. The Sergeant told me that the overtime is almost unlimited. The pay and benefits is great when you put all of the incentives pay together like college degree, night shift, language. They don't have lateral and the Academy is really long according to the website.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk346 View Post
                        so I just received a call to take the phase 2 testing this coming week. I also applied to SAPD. does anyone know anything about DPD and which of the 2 is the better department? moral, pay, advancement etc. which one would you pick and why? ony advice and info will be greatly appreciated.
                        Honestly I would wait until BOTH departments give you your conditional offer before making this decision. Phase two is early to be making a decision to drop a department. I understand both departments are picky about who they hire.

Comment

SAPD.

When I was at Dallas I had officers, trainers, and SGTs with 10+ years on telling me they wish they were a "young officer again" so they could leave...
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I may be a little bias... but FWPD
                            In Valor there is hope

Comment

$31,000 a year? Can a person live comfortably on that in TX? Where I am cops are making $70K-$80K a year and barely making it. Whats a decent yearly income in TX?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3922 users online. 236 members and 3686 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X