300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about TEXAS Police DEPT

I notice that there are a lot of forums aobut Austin PD.

Is this particular Department like the top dog or something ?

It seems like everyone wants to work there.

Having mentioned that, I hear people raving about San Antonio PD.

Whats the better of the two departments ?

I have been told since the economy is so bad to take what ever place calls you.

Originally posted by dante810 View Post
    I notice that there are a lot of forums aobut Austin PD.

Is this particular Department like the top dog or something ?

It seems like everyone wants to work there.
    I believe Austin is the highest paid local dept. in the state, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Also, even though I'm not a huge fan, most people absolutely love the city.

Originally posted by dante810 View Post
    I have been told since the economy is so bad to take what ever place calls you.
    This x1000.

Comment

Everyone I have talked to has said good things about Austin PD. The city is really awesome too. Every part of the process from the point APD first came and recruited in Chicago till now has been a professional and pleasant experience. I cannot say the same for many departments in Illinois.

Dante, as far as taking whatever place calls you I agree with this. I started testing for police in Illinois in 2008. It has taken me up until now to finally get hired and start my career in LE.

You just have to keep at it and things will eventually work out. The economy is at least better now than it was when I started.

I have heard good things about San Antonio PD. I believe they are still actively hiring. Actually I have heard good things about LE in Texas in general. Just a different mentality. Very professional from what I have seen and heard.

http://www.theblueline.com/feature/TXsanantonio.html

Good luck
      "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

Don't Mess with Texas, nuff said
        "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Austin is a very popular city and there PD like Dallas's PD gets a lot of attention. With that being said Austin's PD does not compare to San Antonio Police Department. For starters the cost of living is much lower in SA which means you get more bang for your buck. San Antonio also has a phenomenal academy with excellent annual training. SAPD swat has ranked #1 or #2 for several years now. SAPD also boasts a 87% public approval rating which can't be said for Austin. Just my opinion but your research will probably turn up the same results.

Comment

Both are really good agencies. Both have police unions, which is rare in Texas as Texas is a right to work state. Both cities are located in what I considered the best part of Texas.

Comment

APD doesn't have the approval ratings of SAPD because Austin citizens would probably (they think) rather live in a city without cops. After all, Austinites think that cops are a bunch of facists out to punish people that are innocently breaking the law. But, the People's Repbulik of Travis takes care of their LE, as does SAPD. Both areas are beautiful (the Hill Country is my original home), and the culture is great, but different. Austin prides its self on "Keeping Austin Weird", and there's nothing wrong with that, if you're ok with San Fran on the Colorado. SA has the Spanish influence which is great too.

Take a job where you're offered one, though. That's the best advice.
              sigpic
              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Speaking of what some Austinites think of APD......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcpTuUOiCY Came across this and was like WHAT?!?! ZOMG LOL
                "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

ooohh children. they probably still live at home and/or on food stamps the "what about me" crowd has a romantic perspective to life. But once they can wipe their a55 properly, pay their bills and be a productive member our society, i'll be certain to pay more attention and of course to take them a bit more serious.

i do feel sorry for the baby in the vid. as he/she has no choice in the matter and is quite literally there for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Brejcha View Post
                    Speaking of what some Austinites think of APD......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcpTuUOiCY Came across this and was like WHAT?!?! ZOMG LOL
                    Ya I tryed to watch it...... but my brain couldn't take all the STUPID!

Comment

Originally posted by Brejcha View Post
                      Those 12 people are kind of like the entire state of California...well, at least the cities of Oakland and San Francisco. I'm so glad to be in Texas, now.

Comment

If you have a choice between Austin or San Antonio...I would choose San Antonio, trust me you wont regret it. I graduate from the academy soon and I know without a doubt I made the right choice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4383 users online. 272 members and 4111 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X