X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rudy8116
    G-14 Classified
    • Jul 2009

Odessa/West Texas

I'm having a discussion with someone about assault rifles and they mentioned the three Odessa officers killed in 2008 on a DD call, and said they were shot with a fully auto AR. I checked ODMP and did not see a gun type listed. Do you know what weapon was used and if it was fully auto?
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.
  • beavo451
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

Doubt it. Googling the incident and reading the news reports don't mention anything about it. If it was full auto, I'm sure it would have been all over the media.

Comment

• Rudy8116
      G-14 Classified
      • Jul 2009

That's what I was thinking. Do they know what caliber it was?

Comment

• ronmexico
        Forum Member
        • Dec 2009

Couldn't find anything in 2008. I think I found what you were talking about in 2007. Looks like a 12 ga was used in at least 2 of 3, but it wasn totally clear. Sad story. One of the fallen officers brothers was working and was one of first to respond after initial shooting.

Comment

• ftttu
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2011

In this public story, it only refers to a shotgun. Shortly after this incident occurred, we got the more detailed account in a confidential e-mail. The only thing, I don't remember other than they were killed. I will ask around and see if anyone else remembers.

Comment

• Rudy8116
            G-14 Classified
            • Jul 2009

I'm not trying to hash up any harmful memories or rehash them. I'm trying to have a legitimate discussion with someone about the incident. I'f anyone wants me to drop it, then just tell me.

Comment

• RedRaider911
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2005

I still remember the message dispatch sent when this happened. I want to say it was a shotgun, due to the fact that it took a while for two of them to pass away. Seems that if it was a rifle the damage would have been more immediate.
              The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
              -Neal Boortz

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19691 users online. 62 members and 19629 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...