TML Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TML Update

Some new agencies posted today on TML, anyone got info on these for those of us looking?

Bovina
    Westover Hills
    Bee Cave
    Sonora
    Nacogdoches
    Gilmer
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Talked to a Fairview cop the other night. Said they were hiring three, I believe. Start at 50k. They may prefer prior experience, though.

Comment

Yeah, Fairview seems to always have an opening. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. That city is booming, though.

I did some checking on Bee Cave, it seems to be a very small, and wealthy community.

Westover Hills seems to be even more wealthy and exclusive.

Comment

Hey, Se7en, you allowed to have riders?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
          Hey, Se7en, you allowed to have riders?
          Yup. Just have to fill out a ride along waiver.

As far as Fairview, I haven't heard anything bad about them. The officer I spoke to said it's pretty slow there, and the department is more of a PR department, which is expected since it's a small town with just wealthy people. But, they have really nice equipment (cars) and pay good.

Comment

Gilmer's in my region. Small town of 4,800 people. I think they have about 7-8 officers. If small town politics is your thing go for it. They have 1 position open according to a friend who's applying. PM me for more info.

Nacogdoches is also close to me. College town with about 37,000 people. The campus of SFA is there. Great department, good training, up to date equipment and take home car. PM me for more info.
            Last edited by KrazyKen; 11-17-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Westover Hills
              Old money suburb of Fort Worth surrounded by Fort Worth, Carswell JRB, and Westworth Village (also landlocked by Ft Worth). Don't know much about the PD though... Imagine they pay well.

Gilmer
              City of 4-6k between Tyler and Mount Pleasant on US 271. I work in an adjoining county, but I mainly only ever see their SO. If they're heavy into traffic enforcement, I've never seen them doing it on US 271. Seems like they probably stay busy... Beautiful country up here, low cost of living, so don't whatever they're paying deter you (Anything between 30-35k is damn good money around here, most PDs pay less than that). They have a town lake to the NW of town, but you won't deal with it much as they have a Gilmer Lake Ranger department that patrols it.
              sigpic
              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
                Westover Hills
                Old money suburb of Fort Worth surrounded by Fort Worth, Carswell JRB, and Westworth Village (also landlocked by Ft Worth). Don't know much about the PD though... Imagine they pay well.

Gilmer
                City of 4-6k between Tyler and Mount Pleasant on US 271. I work in an adjoining county, but I mainly only ever see their SO. If they're heavy into traffic enforcement, I've never seen them doing it on US 271. Seems like they probably stay busy... Beautiful country up here, low cost of living, so don't whatever they're paying deter you (Anything between 30-35k is damn good money around here, most PDs pay less than that). They have a town lake to the NW of town, but you won't deal with it much as they have a Gilmer Lake Ranger department that patrols it.
                (Gilmer) With no exp. pay is like $25-$27. I'm sure you provide most of your equipment. Most small depts in this area only provide uniforms, badge and duty weapon. ( some provide duty weapon)
                Last edited by KrazyKen; 11-17-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKen View Post
                  (Gilmer) With no exp. pay is like $25-$27. I'm sure you provide most of your equipment. Most small depts in this area only provide uniforms, badge and duty weapon. ( some provide duty weapon)
                  Yeah... I know Mt Vernon starts at 26 with no exp., but they provide take home, duty weapon, vest, and duty gear. Most others are like you said. Still, $27k isn't small change around here...
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Yeah... I know Mt Vernon starts at 26 with no exp., but they provide take home, duty weapon, vest, and duty gear. Most others are like you said. Still, $27k isn't small change around here...
                    Your right! Cost of living is very low. Mt. Vernon is a very good department for its size.

Comment

27K a year?! thought you meant 27/hr... was going to say they have it pretty good
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKen View Post
                        Your right! Cost of living is very low. Mt. Vernon is a very good department for its size.
                        They'll be a good department if they can get their bat sh*t crazy Sheriff out of office (Yes, the Sheriff is also the Police Chief). He's got 4 or 5 lawsuits running against him right now by former officers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                          27K a year?! thought you meant 27/hr... was going to say they have it pretty good
                          Yeah, but out here you can be like me and get a 3bed/2bath house on 10 acres in a great school system for $600/month renting... Me and my wife combined have made less than my Farmers Branch PD brother and enjoy a much better standard of living with our two kids then he does with no kids and a RN (Parkland) wife!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but out here you can be like me and get a 3bed/2bath house on 10 acres in a great school system for $600/month renting... Me and my wife combined have made less than my Farmers Branch PD brother and enjoy a much better standard of living with our two kids then he does with no kids and a RN (Parkland) wife!
                            +1

Nice living here. Screw gun range memberships ... back yard.

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry if i'm out of the loop, but could someone tell me what TML is and give me the link?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8368 users online. 319 members and 8049 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X