300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little help please

Long story short: Grandma was in the intensive care unit in Mcallen and I had to hitch a ride to go see her because I'm broke. A few days later she gets better and I catch another ride back home with another relative. After a while, he asks me if I can help him drive and I agreed. Well driving through Nueces county, I get pulled over by a state trooper. Thats when my relative told me that the trailer we were towing had an expired registration. I was furious but i knew it was my fault for not checking everything before getting behind the wheel. Anyway, I explain to the officer what happened and ask if he could help me out. I told him I recently received my TCLEOSE and that it would immensely affect me because I was in the hiring process with a department. I didn't think he would give me the ticket because it wasn't a violation that would endanger the public. He wasn't gonna have it. He gave me the ticket. I know he was in the right, but I felt betrayed, considering I would take a bullet to back him up. Don't get me wrong, I would still back him up like I would any other officer, but I felt betrayed nevertheless. Who knows, maybe he thought I was full of crap and didn't believe a word I said. Anyway I have a couple of questions...
    1. Is this considered a moving violation for when I'm filling out applications??
    2. How bad do you think this will affect me in the hiring process?

either you or your uncle need to update the registration. bring the receipt into court with the ticket, they should throw it out.
    In Valor there is hope

Comment

You felt betrayed by the officer!? Quite a feeling of entitlement you've got there.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
        either you or your uncle need to update the registration. bring the receipt into court with the ticket, they should throw it out.
        ^What he said^

"I didn't think he would give me the ticket because it wasn't a violation that would endanger the public. He wasn't gonna have it. He gave me the ticket. I know he was in the right, but I felt betrayed, considering I would take a bullet to back him up. Don't get me wrong, I would still back him up like I would any other officer, but I felt betrayed nevertheless. Who knows, maybe he thought I was full of crap and didn't believe a word I said. "

1. Your registration is likely tied to an inspection process; that process is enacted to ensure vehicles (and trailers) are safe to operate.

2. You felt betrayed because an officer issued you a legitimate ticket? And what in the world is that business about taking a bullet for him?

3. Learn this: Everyone Lies to the Police. Everyone!
        Notwithstanding, even cops go astray…if that was even germane to this discussion.

Take care of the ticket and if you are asked about any changes related to your driving record, disclose it; though I would leave out the whole bit about feeling betrayed and taking a bullet.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Lol, I thought this post was a joke at first.. My goodness, the desperation of some folks..

Comment

Wow, some of you guys take things way out out of context. The bullet line is simply a metaphor. Kind of like saying, "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse". About the betrayal part, I explained what I felt because of the situation I was in. I even stated that the officer was in the right. Relax guys, I'm on your side....SCSU74 thanks for the serious response, I'll get on that immediately

Comment

Originally posted by houtx View Post
              Wow, some of you guys take things way out out of context. The bullet line is simply a metaphor. Kind of like saying, "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse". About the betrayal part, I explained what I felt because of the situation I was in. I even stated that the officer was in the right. Relax guys, I'm on your side....SCSU74 thanks for the serious response, I'll get on that immediately
              I don’t believe I took what you wrote out of context or made a new construct of what you wrote, I simply proffered a suggestion that you think about repeating what you wrote. I get metaphors and appreciate them when used appropriately; in this case and in my opinion, it was not an appropriate place to leverage a metaphor for discussion purposes. It served no legitimate purpose. Not to script your future posts, but assuming you have a similar or related follow-up, perhaps the following would help:

“Hi, I wanted to know if a citation for expired registration on a trailer in Texas is a moving violation and what, if any negative impact such would have on me during applications to police departments in Texas”

No need to say you would hero up, take a bullet or otherwise. A simple and direct question.

As I said: everyone lies to the police. Everyone.
              Originally posted by SSD
              It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

I agree, perhaps this is the wrong forum to be using metaphors. I also agree that everyone lies to police. Now, is this considered a moving violation??? and how bad do you think this will affect me???

Comment

oh and thank you for responding

Comment

A registration violation is not a moving violation.

Comment

It shouldn't be an issue, especially since it is not registered in your name.

Comment

I agree with those above. Not a big deal man, you're making mountains out of mole hills.

Comment

Not a big deal but I also thought the post's wording was a little much.
                          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

"I felt betrayed"

Betrayed? what the f*** are you entitled to? you have a tcleose license, what the hell does that matter? were you expecting professional courtesy for having a license?
                            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

ha. how ridicelous. no wonder he gave you a ticket. if there is anyone I would max out my ticket book for its someone who asks for leniency because they are trying to become police. your feeling of betrayal is bush league. you dont have a badge you arent working the street you arent even in a position to take a bullet for any of us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2262 users online. 134 members and 2128 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X