300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve Deputy/Officer in San Antonio Area

Does anyone know of any good departments that have a good robust Reserve program in the San Antonio area?

I meant to comment on this last week and forgot. Sorry.

What are you looking for? A department just to reserve for? Or a department that actively hires their reserves and gives them the first shot at full time opening?

If all you want is to be a reserve, contact the Bexar County Sheriff's Office. They have run a large reserve department for at least 50 years that I know of. Reserves could do almost anything, from working the magistrate's office, extradition, warrants, civil process, patrol, etc. They will carry you as a full time peace officer, allow off-duty carry, and they will provide you with all required in-service training. You will be required to work 2 days a month, usually Saturdays or Sundays, and then you will have certain special events such as parades you will have to work, as you're available. The last I heard this information was current.

As for police departments in Bexar County, I can't really help any more because all of information is old, and as administrations change, so does the emphasis on reserve programs.

Comment

Yes I want to stay federal, so I just want a reserve deputy position....nothing more. Does Bexar run a reserve academy or do I just go to the local college?

Comment

Bexar County only holds academies for full time employees. I don't know of any agency in this entire end of the state that runs an academy for reserves, or will sponsor someone to be a reserve. If you aren't TCLEOSE certified as a Peace Officer, you'll have to get certified through one of the local academies first, either San Antonio College or AACOG.

Comment

Yea it looks like SA College has a pretty flexible program, day, nights or just sundays. Once I get through FTO I am going to get on that. I am surprised SAPD does not have a reserve program.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I'm also mildly curious about reserve opportunities in the San Antonio area. Is Bexar County still the way to go?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3676 users online. 236 members and 3440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X