Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TX Depts are hiring (entry-level) on a regular basis?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What TX Depts are hiring (entry-level) on a regular basis?

    Looking to move to TX from CA, would like to know what Depts are hiring entry-level recruits on a regular basis currently?

  • #2
    Well every other person in California seems to be moving to Austin... I dont think theyre hiring anymore though. Im pretty sure you could find whatever you're looking for by searching the forum.

    Comment


    • #3
      keep an eye on the TML job listing. it updates daily with new job postings.
      Nacogdoches PD posts jobs very often
      Chris

      XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar


      http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

      Comment


      • #4
        I "hear" San Antonio is actively hiring. Forget about Dallas and Houston(unless you want to wait a couple years possibly), both are struggling like many big cities nationwide. The DFW suburban cities hire of lists in smaller quantities, just keep an eye out when they test. No idea whats going on with DPS, I'm sure a trooper can chime in for you. Figure out where you want to work and check websites and call recruiters, gotta do your own homework. Good luck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hiring

          DPS is still hiring. They are having trouble finding qualified recruits. You'll have to go through another academy, but its worth it. Call the DPS HQ in Austin and ask for recruiting for more info. Good luck.
          TEXAS STATE TROOPER

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SoCalguy09 View Post
            Looking to move to TX from CA, would like to know what Depts are hiring entry-level recruits on a regular basis currently?
            Look at USAJOBs, there are 3 VA hosptials in TX hiring right now.
            http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...0+13%3a45%3a00

            http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...7+09%3a32%3a00
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

            "For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

            Comment


            • #7
              I believe Amarillo is taking applications starting June 1st and Lubbock is constantly hiring. APD is close to 40 officers short right now. I go to the academy June 2nd.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Renegade806 View Post
                I believe Amarillo is taking applications starting June 1st and Lubbock is constantly hiring. APD is close to 40 officers short right now. I go to the academy June 2nd.
                APD is not accepting interest cards for their 2012 academies. Those wanting to work for APD will have to wait until next year to apply for the 2013 academies. This was communicated to me via the hiring Sgt. at APD.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Trooper2795 View Post
                  DPS is still hiring. They are having trouble finding qualified recruits. You'll have to go through another academy, but its worth it. Call the DPS HQ in Austin and ask for recruiting for more info. Good luck.
                  What would you say are the advantages to working with DPS vs. city or county agencies? DPS Officer's seem to love their department and I am curious what separates DPS from other agencies (other then type of work).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rodeojones View Post
                    APD is not accepting interest cards for their 2012 academies. Those wanting to work for APD will have to wait until next year to apply for the 2013 academies. This was communicated to me via the hiring Sgt. at APD.
                    I think he was referring to Amarillo PD.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rc512 View Post
                      I think he was referring to Amarillo PD.
                      Roger that

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mesquite, TX seems to have testing every 3 months or so and they are always on the look out to hire quality individuals. I did not actually go through the testing process with them, but I know many on this board have.

                        I am sure plenty of people on this board could comment on the quality of that department, but I have not heard anything negative about them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Haha yes I meant Amarillo not Austin.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Abilene will likely be running an academy next year. We've tried laterals, but the past 2 times only 1 survived the background.
                            Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God MATT 5:9

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Damn near everyone in the DFW area are hiring. Some 2 or 3 times a year, others every month. Just have to keep checking the websites of the departments you might be interested in.
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

                              "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6470 users online. 373 members and 6097 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X