Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended apartments near DFW International Airport?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended apartments near DFW International Airport?

I am from the Rio Grande Valley moving to the Dallas area to work as a TSO at DFW International and I was wondering if there are any recommended places around the airport.

My plan is to work with TSA and as a commissioned security officer to save enough to pay my way to a TCLEOSE certification. While in the area, I'm also looking forward to applying to local PD vacancy announcements.

I've never rented before so any advice would be appreciated. I've even look at Craigslist under the "Roommate Wanted" sections, but don't know what I should expect living under someone else's roof/apartment. My biggest concern is my important documents and firearm, though I do have a SENTRY-SAFE to lock things up in.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Not real familiar with apartment complexes, but something in Grapevine, Euless or Irving will put you pretty close to the airport. My .02 worth I would stick with Grapevine or Euless. Crossing from Tarrant to Dallas counties is like stepping into a different world for me and I don't care for inter planetary travel if I can help it.

Comment

Originally posted by tmartinez91084 View Post
      I am from the Rio Grande Valley moving to the Dallas area to work as a TSO at DFW International and I was wondering if there are any recommended places around the airport.

My plan is to work with TSA and as a commissioned security officer to save enough to pay my way to a TCLEOSE certification. While in the area, I'm also looking forward to applying to local PD vacancy announcements.

I've never rented before so any advice would be appreciated. I've even look at Craigslist under the "Roommate Wanted" sections, but don't know what I should expect living under someone else's roof/apartment. My biggest concern is my important documents and firearm, though I do have a SENTRY-SAFE to lock things up in.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
      a website that really helped me was umovefree.com, i moved down here from minnesota and they assign you an agent to help you find an apt with the things you are looking for. The cool thing is you either get a check for $250 or they move all your stuff for free! Also something to think about...there are a lot of departments that have their own academies and will get you TCLEOSE certified without spending a dime of your own money
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Fort Worth actually extends all the way out there, and there are quite a few places that carry a Euless postal address that are actually Fort Worth jurisdiction.

If you're looking at an apartment somewhere off of Trinity Blvd, make sure its east of Hwy 360. The apartments west (off American Blvd, and Post Oak Blvd) are no good.

Comment

The best advice I have heard for checking out apartments is after you talk to the lease agents and make sure its in your price range and the apartment is acceptable, don't sign the lease yet. Tell them you are still thinking it over, then drive back after 6 pm. A lot of apartment complexes look great in the daylight. The big thing you are looking for in the evening is people roaming the complex on foot and just hanging out in breezeways. If you see that, rent elsewhere.

The advice you got from SCSU74 about sponsored academies is dead on. There is nothing wrong with self sponsoring yourself through an academy but let an agency do it for you if you can. Another option for the TCLEOSE certification is check out the reserve programs in the metroplex. I know Dallas pays for the certification for reserves and I think most of the other cities in the metroplex do as well. That would save 3-5k for the training. Then you put in a minimum of 16 hours a month in to stay licensed as a reserve officer. Meanwhile, you keep your job with TSA and keep getting paychecks. Network as much as you can while working as a reserve and it will help getting on a short list as a full time officer. DFW Airport also has a good PD from what I have heard, so it wouldn't hurt to work that angle either.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5441 users online. 321 members and 5120 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X