Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower Mound, Lewisville, Denton?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flower Mound, Lewisville, Denton?

    Anyone have any opinions on these departments? I have considered trying to lateral over from NC in a couple of years(or sooner), but haven't really heard much on them. I would also be interested in other departments in that general area. I love being a Cop here in Fayetteville, but I'm not really fond of my twin boys growing-up around here. Any thoughts, ideas, or opinions would be much appreciated.

  • #2
    I had a buddy work for FM and I rode out with them before I was hired on at my SO.
    I really like the area, people and officers. They are well equipped, trained and have some really great guys
    Chris

    XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar


    http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

    Comment


    • #3
      Appreciate it. I actually graduated from Marcus in Flower Mound... I mainly just REALLY miss TX. What was the call volume like during your ride-along? Do you know what kinds of incidents are most prominent out there? When I was living there, I always felt safe. The gangs just seem to be running rampant here. I love chasing thugs... but I really don't want my family to be exposed to it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by NavySAR View Post
        Appreciate it. I actually graduated from Marcus in Flower Mound... I mainly just REALLY miss TX. What was the call volume like during your ride-along? Do you know what kinds of incidents are most prominent out there? When I was living there, I always felt safe. The gangs just seem to be running rampant here. I love chasing thugs... but I really don't want my family to be exposed to it.
        Stick with Denton or Lewisville out of the three if youre looking for activity.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          Stick with Denton or Lewisville out of the three if youre looking for activity.
          Yeah, those are the areas I was more interested in working in... and probably just commute from Flower Mound. I know north Denton has had some pretty nice communities popping-up lately as well.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NavySAR View Post
            Appreciate it. I actually graduated from Marcus in Flower Mound... I mainly just REALLY miss TX. What was the call volume like during your ride-along? Do you know what kinds of incidents are most prominent out there? When I was living there, I always felt safe. The gangs just seem to be running rampant here. I love chasing thugs... but I really don't want my family to be exposed to it.
            Most of our calls were domestics, parties, traffic, etc.
            FM is mainly higher end houses and housing developments.

            The officer I rode with stated that they still have some excitement but overall its pretty slow/normal to see the residental type calls.
            Chris

            XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar


            http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

            Comment


            • #7
              i just graduated the academy with 2 people from each department and all 3 departments seem like they are going in the right direction. they are right with the FM being a more laid back type city where you wont run into as much stuff denton will also have lots of college student party calls and stuff associated with that, i worked for UNT PD as security in denton before getting hired as a PO and denton is full of college students but will slow way way down in the summer time. Lewisville will be the most activity IMO if that is what your really looking for but all 3 are great departments

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks again for the replies ya'll. All of the positive feed-back is really helping me solidify my interest in moving back to TX.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 03machme View Post
                  i just graduated the academy with 2 people from each department and all 3 departments seem like they are going in the right direction. they are right with the FM being a more laid back type city where you wont run into as much stuff denton will also have lots of college student party calls and stuff associated with that, i worked for UNT PD as security in denton before getting hired as a PO and denton is full of college students but will slow way way down in the summer time. Lewisville will be the most activity IMO if that is what your really looking for but all 3 are great departments
                  Slow down in summer, you sure about that? Summer time stays busy. UNT Security and UNT PD are 2 total seperate entities. Call to call during summer time is norm in Denton on a good weekend along with any other medium//large size city....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If anything, I'd imagine the call load would increase during the summer.
                    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

                    "You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I know here in Fayetteville the call volume darn near doubles in the summer. Apparently all kids can think about when they don't have to go to school... is breaking-into houses.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
                        Slow down in summer, you sure about that? Summer time stays busy. UNT Security and UNT PD are 2 total seperate entities. Call to call during summer time is norm in Denton on a good weekend along with any other medium//large size city....
                        Yes I'm sure. at least on night shift for untpd. I worked with a police shift reported to briefing everyday and the shift sgt was my supervisor. the call load was by far less in the summer. Now the city of denton may be different but I was talking about unt specifically sorry if I didn't make that clear

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 03machme View Post
                          Yes I'm sure. at least on night shift for untpd. I worked with a police shift reported to briefing everyday and the shift sgt was my supervisor. the call load was by far less in the summer. Now the city of denton may be different but I was talking about unt specifically sorry if I didn't make that clear
                          Ok, your a little more clear now. The city does not shut down in the summer and call loads double. Have been working DPD nights for 7 1/2 years until last month. Worked with all of your shifts Sgts at UNT PD. PM me if you want to talk more, prob know you........
                          Last edited by bikecop136; 05-21-2011, 12:59 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hey bikecop136...long time no hear.....wife and I just moved back to Denton (that commute to SMU sucks..) I hope all is well with you sir....
                            We are responsible for what we do unless we are celebrities......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mcguire4 View Post
                              Hey bikecop136...long time no hear.....wife and I just moved back to Denton (that commute to SMU sucks..) I hope all is well with you sir....
                              How you been Brother? Yeah it has been a while. Doing good just made Detective so I have been busy with that. After 7 yrs working at night, I feel like a damn vampire now working during the day....

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5981 users online. 296 members and 5685 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X