300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Praire

The Grand Prairie test was in January and they were hiring approximately 18 officers. Anybody hear anything back from them?

They are currently processing applicants in groups of 10. I was in the 10-20 classification and just wrapped everything up. If you have any questions about the process feel free to send me a PM.

After going through everything and speaking with a few of their officers, I cannot imagine that there is a better department to work for.

Good luck on the rest of the process!

Comment

I noticed in another thread that you had not seen the list yet. It is up on the police page not the gptx page.

http://www.grandprairiepolice.org/jo...bilityList.pdf

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering.

Comment

I was wondering those anybody know when GPPD will be having their next civil service exam. I miss the one in January due to my deployment.

Thanks,

Comment

When I rode with them about a month ago the officer said they're looking at having the next one in July.

Comment

Originally posted by Okeiro View Post
            When I rode with them about a month ago the officer said they're looking at having the next one in July.
            that's strange, the list doesn't expire for at least one year to my understanding. Jan 2011 was the last test and should expire for 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by LostSaint View Post
              I noticed in another thread that you had not seen the list yet. It is up on the police page not the gptx page.

http://www.grandprairiepolice.org/jo...bilityList.pdf

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering.
              Thanks, I tested much better with Garland and it was the exact same test.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
                Thanks, I tested much better with Garland and it was the exact same test.
                I think the GP test was one of my favorites. The fact that it did not have math on it was a huge plus for me. I plan to keep a calculator near by for the times that I need to do math.

Comment

Congrats LostSaint for the conditional offer with Grand Prairie! :-) My name is in the 30s list. I think I will be a while for me to hear anything from GPPD. It was a good experience to take the test though.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherVietGuy View Post
                    Congrats LostSaint for the conditional offer with Grand Prairie! :-) My name is in the 30s list. I think I will be a while for me to hear anything from GPPD. It was a good experience to take the test though.
                    if you tested in the 30's why do you feel that you're going to be waiting a while? They specifically said they were hiring 17+. I'm well aware that PD's take their grand ol time when hiring, however, with them hiring that many it should be pretty quick.

Comment

if you tested in the 30's why do you feel that you're going to be waiting a while? They specifically said they were hiring 17+. I'm well aware that PD's take their grand ol time when hiring, however, with them hiring that many it should be pretty quick.
                      Agreed. Being in the 30-40 group should still be high enough to get a quick response. Grand Prairie was much faster in all stages of the process than Fort Worth was.

Comment

That is great. I still have a chance! We will see what happen next. Did you make any progress yet goodfella?

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherVietGuy View Post
                          That is great. I still have a chance! We will see what happen next. Did you make any progress yet goodfella?
                          Grand Prairie was the 1st test I took in Texas. My score got me into the 70's on the list, and so far no word from Grand Prairie. A week later I flew down again and took Garland PD's test, which was the exact same test. I scored in the 40's on that list. Garland already has finished my background and for now waiting for the next step. Like I mentioned before, I'm currently a police officer in a suburb just outside of Chicago so I'm not sweating either department. However, if either PD offered me a job I'd be relocating to a much warmer climate!

Comment

I would like to move to a warmer state too! Minnesota is cold!

Comment

Grand Prairie was the 1st test I took in Texas. My score got me into the 70's on the list, and so far no word from Grand Prairie. A week later I flew down again and took Garland PD's test, which was the exact same test. I scored in the 40's on that list. Garland already has finished my background and for now waiting for the next step. Like I mentioned before, I'm currently a police officer in a suburb just outside of Chicago so I'm not sweating either department. However, if either PD offered me a job I'd be relocating to a much warmer climate!
                              You made good choices in departments. Good luck, wish you the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 386 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X