300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Hood

Our SWAT Team had our bi-annual week long training there. We had a great time at the mount sites, live fire shoot house and the QTR firing range. Getting it set up is time consuming because you're dealing with schedueling issues with the military but once you do, it can be a great training asset for your department. The live fire shoot house and a couple of the mount sites have the capability of recording your training and provide you a copy of it. They can play music, have screaming sounds, gun fire and smoke up individual rooms. Round Rock PD runs their entire department through the live fire shoot house.

They have barracks you can stay in and chow hall you can utilize but I would suggest bringing your own food when going to the mount sites or shoot house because of the distance between the sites and the chow hall. They don't charge LEO's to utilize their facilities or barracks but there is a small fee for the chow hall.

We had an awesome time and wanted to share the info with you guys, especially when money is tight due to shrinking budgets. If you have any question just ask or pm me. Be safe!
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

I know a Bedford guy that was there with yall...

Comment

We have gone with other teams in the past but this year it was just our team.

Comment

I spent some time training there before we deployed the last time. No training can get you fully prepared for the real thing, but they did one heck of a job. I wasnt aware they were letting LEOs use the ranges, that's awesome.

Did yall use the ones off of West Range Road or the smaller one on "North Fort" off of 36?

Comment

13MWZ, we used the mount sites off of West Range Rd, like Elisah, Hardgrove and Boaz but the QTR range was closer to the barracks, which were off Hwy 36 N. Ft. Hood. The QTR range had 16 lanes and we shot pistol, rifle and our sniper was shooting targets as far out as 1800m with our 50 cal. Definitely good times!

Comment

subscribed!

going to PM you when I get to the office in the morning
            Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 13MWZ View Post
              I spent some time training there before we deployed the last time. No training can get you fully prepared for the real thing, but they did one heck of a job. I wasnt aware they were letting LEOs use the ranges, that's awesome.

Did yall use the ones off of West Range Road or the smaller one on "North Fort" off of 36?
              Very friendly to LE. We usually train there once a year.
              LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3500 users online. 198 members and 3302 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X