X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se7en
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimy View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt. I attended NCTCOG. While they prepare you for the TCLEOSE test very well alot of their instructors are from Arlington who mix the laws and their policy/views instead of teaching you what exactly the law states. We even had during one of our civil law classes there (forget the official title) the constable actually tried to teach us that if someone breaks into your home carrying a sleeping bag and tent and during the course of the break in they pop the tent and start sleeping there they have set up residency which would require you to then evict them to make them leave. Yes I said a burglar not a temp room mate.
    lolololol

Leave a comment:

• TK5
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimy View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt. I attended NCTCOG. While they prepare you for the TCLEOSE test very well alot of their instructors are from Arlington who mix the laws and their policy/views instead of teaching you what exactly the law states. We even had during one of our civil law classes there (forget the official title) the constable actually tried to teach us that if someone breaks into your home carrying a sleeping bag and tent and during the course of the break in they pop the tent and start sleeping there they have set up residency which would require you to then evict them to make them leave. Yes I said a burglar not a temp room mate.
    I'm convinced that our arrest, search and seizure instructor did his best to bait us into dumb arguments about odd situations. I only say the argument was dumb because none of us had much instruction in the law at that point, so we didn't have much to bring to the discussion.

Ah well. Listen to your instructors. Recall and/or perform as they expect, but realize that there's a good chance your department will have a different way of handling business. The most important thing to obtain from COG is a passing grade on the TCLEOSE license exam.

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Originally posted by OKyankee23 View Post
    I'm up in Tulsa now. I'll be relocating for the job. i've got my apartment down there in Denton but it wont be ready until June. I'm planning on stopping down there this week to check in with my recruiter and see if I can draw my academy gear to get it squared away asap. One less thing to worry about, know what I mean. It would be great if we could set up a meet and greet with as many classmates as possible to help each other get ready etc... I also want to stop into C and G wholesale in Dallas to pick up the leather gear,flashlight etc... that I wont be issued.
    I would reconsider C&G several post on here will tell you why.

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Try GTDistributors in Dallas. Lot of stuff, and they have good prices.
    Don;t forget pretty damn good customer service unlike GST in Grand Prairie.

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up on GT Se7en, anyone carry a stinger flashlight? How about 5.11 boots? I'm looking at the 5.11 ATAC 8" Side Zip Boot.
    5.11 boots are comfortable, good luck in getting them to last more than 8 months. If you want a great belt light check out Olight brand, amazon has them for amazing prices and they are bright, around 340 lumens.

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OKyankee23
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up on GT Se7en, anyone carry a stinger flashlight? How about 5.11 boots? I'm looking at the 5.11 ATAC 8" Side Zip Boot.

Leave a comment:

• Se7en
    replied
    Originally posted by LostSaint View Post
    Do they carry pelican flashlights or do they stock another brand that you would recommend?
    They do stock Pelican. I actually carried the smaller Pelican, I believe 7060, at my last department. I love it... super bright light, and durable. I carry a Strion on my belt, I believe, which I purchased from there. They have an awesome return policy, I've bought a few things there and taken them back no questions.

Leave a comment:

• LostSaint
    replied
    Do they carry pelican flashlights or do they stock another brand that you would recommend?

Leave a comment:

• 03machme
    replied
    This man speaks the truth. GT has a lot more selection and prices are about the same

Leave a comment:

• Se7en
    replied
    I'm up in Tulsa now. I'll be relocating for the job. i've got my apartment down there in Denton but it wont be ready until June. I'm planning on stopping down there this week to check in with my recruiter and see if I can draw my academy gear to get it squared away asap. One less thing to worry about, know what I mean. It would be great if we could set up a meet and greet with as many classmates as possible to help each other get ready etc... I also want to stop into C and G wholesale in Dallas to pick up the leather gear,flashlight etc... that I wont be issued.

Leave a comment:

• OKyankee23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AnotherVietGuy
    replied
    Hi,

You will see couple of peple from Rowlett in the June Academy. I will be in the August Academy. I wish I could get in the June but I got some military stuff to take care. I love it down here in Texas. I can't wait to start a career in Law Enforcement.

Leave a comment:

• LostSaint
    replied
    I just spoke with Grand Prairie and I have officially made it through my Psych Eval and Medical. I checked on which academy I would be attending and I will be at NCTCOG on the 13th unless something terrible happens in my meeting with the Chief.

Are you in Denton now and just awaiting the start of the academy?

Leave a comment:

• OKyankee23
    replied
    I'm the only one from Denton that I know of

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 307 members and 4464 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X