300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCTCOG Academy June 13

Is anyone on here going to attend the BCAPS #211 class? I'm coming from out of state and might be looking for roomates to split an apartment with during the academy.

Also, has anyone been through this Academy recently? Just looking for some tips.

Thanks

i am hoping to get in there with a PACT department, not sure of my chances. Who will be sponsoring you?

Comment

I went through COG and it is a good academy. They will prepare you for TCLEOSE and have some excellent instructors.
      "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
      1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

I just got hired on with Denton PD. From everything I've heard they focus a lot on the academics and PT is pretty basic

Comment

Awesome man, did you do the testing in or around March, how many did they hire. I was going to go down there to test but was unable to actually get there. So i tested with PACT in April, I hope to get on like i said, will have to wait and see. Good luck to you though!!!!

Comment

Yep, tested March 5th. As far as I know I'm the only one who got hired off of that list so far.

Comment

Great!!! Congrats, how many people ended up testing for the test that weekend?

Comment

I think about 150. I tied for first for test score (thank heaven for VA points) but lost the tiebreaker so was second on the list. Not sure what happend to No 1, but I was able to squeak in there. Just got my apartment down in Denton and ready for the Academy. I'm keeping a separate place down there until I get out of the Academy. Then I'll bring my family down there. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg in the short term, but the payoff will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by OKyankee23 View Post
                  I think about 150. I tied for first for test score (thank heaven for VA points) but lost the tiebreaker so was second on the list. Not sure what happend to No 1, but I was able to squeak in there. Just got my apartment down in Denton and ready for the Academy. I'm keeping a separate place down there until I get out of the Academy. Then I'll bring my family down there. It's going to cost me an arm and a leg in the short term, but the payoff will be worth it.
                  It will be worth it. Welcome to our department. We need good people. PM me if you need any info....

Comment

i graduated last Friday from BCAPS #208. congrats and when you run into the 208 guys from Denton give em some hell for me. lol the academy is VERY academics focused just keep up with your studying and you will do just fine. PT is nothing to worry about as long as you try your hardest. good luck and if you have any questions just let me know

Comment

I was given a conditional offer with Grand Prairie, so there is a chance they will be sending me to COG. I did not ask them which area my academy would be in but doesn't Mansfield also hold a joint academy in some new facilities?

I figure if my new hire date is on June 6th, that would be right in line with the COG date.
                      Last edited by LostSaint; 05-12-2011, 10:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

03machme, you bet. That's what I keep hearing, more like college than boot camp.

LostSaint, my start date is June 6 so your probably right on the money there, Not sure where GP sends you guys but hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by OKyankee23 View Post
                          03machme, you bet. That's what I keep hearing, more like college than boot camp.

LostSaint, my start date is June 6 so your probably right on the money there, Not sure where GP sends you guys but hope to see you there.
                          If I do end up at COG I will check around for the Denton officers. Are they sending two from your department or more?

Comment

I went thru with some GP folks. I think you guys have a Detective that teaches at COG sometimes.
                            "Do not be deceived:Bad company corrupts good morals."
                            1 Corinthians 15:

You are the weapon, everything else is just a tool

Comment

I'm the only one from Denton that I know of

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4199 users online. 202 members and 3997 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X