Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas sheriff: Deputy killed; suspect shot dead

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...47a85aae8c0551

VENUS, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a North Texas deputy has been shot and killed in the line of duty, and a suspect also was fatally shot.

Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said in a news release that the shootings happened Saturday afternoon near Venus. He said the suspect was shot dead by deputies.

Alford said no further information would be released as the investigation continues. No names were immediately released pending notification of next of kin.

Tim Jones, the agency's spokesman, said in the statement that the sheriff's office "requests your support and prayers during this very trying time in our agency."

Venus is a town of less than 2,000 people, located about 30 miles south of Dallas-Fort Worth.
    My brother in law in an officer near here and told me about this, the only good news is the scumbag is dead.
    "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu

The fallen deputy was identified as 31-year-old Clifton Taylor. He was about to get married and had been on the force for more than three years
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Johns...120549819.html

R.I.P. Deputy Taylor
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

We shall remember the deputy in our prayers at my church this Easter-- very sad!
      We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
      but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

This hits close to home for us since part of our city is in Johnson County and quite a few of our officers started out at Johnson County SO. Our prayers go out to the Taylor family, friends and the members of the Johnson County Sheriff's Office. RIP Brother Taylor!
        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

RIP Brother

Comment

RIP. My prayers go out to his family and friends

Comment

Prayers to family, friends and coworkers.

World_So_Cold

Comment

RIP Brother...

Comment

the police chief of the town here in our county used to work with the officer who was killed.
                  RIP...our prayers go out
                  Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

One of my buddies was the deputy who returned fire killing the suspect. Definitely hit close to home

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6296 users online. 345 members and 5951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X