Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahahahah..yup...

Originally posted by inv_clark View Post
    Avoid DART PD. That's all I'll say in a public forum.

Comment

low cl***, Dart should not have racism aganist anyone as a matter of fact no department should be.

Comment

After reading the threads here I'm a little hesitant but I'm looking at moving to Texas and DART does offer paid academy. I'm currently a reserve deputy in Iowa and work full time as security at a Nuclear Power Station. How does everyone feel about applying to DART to get in-state and certified and moving to an city/metro/county PD? Would the PD look down upon DART experience and certification versus having nothing but some reserve and nuclear experience?

Comment

Why don't you just apply to the many other surrounding agencies? Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving and Mesquite all have upcoming tests. Dallas tests all the time, Ft Worth will have one in June.

Stay away from DART.

Originally posted by Absit View Post
          After reading the threads here I'm a little hesitant but I'm looking at moving to Texas and DART does offer paid academy. I'm currently a reserve deputy in Iowa and work full time as security at a Nuclear Power Station. How does everyone feel about applying to DART to get in-state and certified and moving to an city/metro/county PD? Would the PD look down upon DART experience and certification versus having nothing but some reserve and nuclear experience?

Comment

How does everyone feel about applying to DART to get in-state and certified and moving to an city/metro/county PD? Would the PD look down upon DART experience and certification versus having nothing but some reserve and nuclear experience?
            Other agencies wouldn't look down on an experience with DART. You will be fine as long as you have your peace officer license, and didn't do anything shady while you were employed. Just be aware that many agencies have you sign a 2 year contract. The contract usually states you will work for them for a minimum 2 years. If you decide to leave before then, you must pay X amount of dollars back to the agency due to the academy, uniforms, gear, etc. The closer you are to the 2 year mark, the cheaper it is.

Comment

You will get some great experience with dart that's for sure. Things are changing at the department it seems and it's for the better. They aren't just hiring anyone

Comment

Originally posted by tsay View Post
                Other agencies wouldn't look down on an experience with DART. You will be fine as long as you have your peace officer license, and didn't do anything shady while you were employed. Just be aware that many agencies have you sign a 2 year contract. The contract usually states you will work for them for a minimum 2 years. If you decide to leave before then, you must pay X amount of dollars back to the agency due to the academy, uniforms, gear, etc. The closer you are to the 2 year mark, the cheaper it is.
                I'm fine with doing 2 years somewhere, it's a pretty short time in the grand sceme of things. Some other departments require more than that in paid full-time experience anyway. My Reserve experience doesn't seem to count.

Originally posted by REID429 View Post
                You will get some great experience with dart that's for sure. Things are changing at the department it seems and it's for the better. They aren't just hiring anyone
                Well that's good to hear.

Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                Why don't you just apply to the many other surrounding agencies? Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving and Mesquite all have upcoming tests. Dallas tests all the time, Ft Worth will have one in June.
                Stay away from DART.
                Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite, Dallas, and Fort Worth all require full time paid experience/college/military, I have none of those. I saw some smaller departments with postings as well but they all required state certification before they'd hire. I understand I can self-sponsor and academy isn't too pricey down there (compared to here) but ideally I'd find a job before I moved.

Comment

Garland, Grand Prairie, Irving, Mesquite, Dallas, and Fort Worth all require full time paid experience/college/military, I have none of those. I saw some smaller departments with postings as well but they all required state certification before they'd hire. I understand I can self-sponsor and academy isn't too pricey down there (compared to here) but ideally I'd find a job before I moved.
                  Of those agencies you listed, Fort Worth doesn't require any experience/college/military. Just a high school diploma. You only need college if you have a GED. Even if you have prior experience, you will still have to attend their academy.

Due to the requirements being pretty low(compared to surrounding agencies), don't be shock to be taking the entrance exam with 1000+ people.
                  Last edited by tsay; 11-14-2012, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsay View Post
                    Of those agencies you listed, Fort Worth doesn't require any experience/college/military. Just a high school diploma. You only need college if you have a GED. Even if you have prior experience, you will still have to attend their academy.

Due to the requirements being pretty low(compared to surrounding agencies), don't be shock to be taking the entrance exam with 1000+ people.
                    Ah looks like you're right, I must have got it mixed in with the rest, embarrassing. Thank you for the correction, I'll keep an eye on them too. I just completed their interest form.

Comment

pm sent absit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5121 users online. 321 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X