300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plano PD

Plano PD is having a exam next month. I was wondering if anybody on here could share some insight about their police department? Thanks in advance!

We had one on the board get hired with them a couple of months back.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

his name is Howie Feltersnatch

Comment

Actually, I was referring to a female.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
          his name is howie feltersnatch
          rofl.
          Austin Texas Police Department (APD)

03/25/10: PT: Passed
          03/25/10: Nelson Denny - Passed
          03/25/10: Writing Sample - Passed
          03/26/10: INI - Passed
          03/26/10: MMP - Passed
          03/26/10: Oral Interview - Passed
          06/07/10: Background Investigation - Passed
          09/07/10: Medical/drug screening - Passed
          09/08/10: Polygraph - Passed
          09/08/10: Psych evaluation - Passed
          09/23/10: Eligibility Roster - #26

08/15/2011 - Academy Starts

Comment

One of my buddies left my agency to work for Plano about a year ago. From what he tells me, he's living high on the hog and loves it up there. If you are into dope, I understand that there is plenty up there to catch. He told me that they have a pretty good fleet of patrol cars, which are a mix of tahoe's, charger's, and cvpi's. I don't have anything else for ya, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by op_06 View Post
              From what he tells me, he's living high on the hog and loves it up there. If you are into dope, I understand that there is plenty up there to catch.
              Hahaha....

Comment

Plano PD is the largest arresting agency in Collin County. With the exception of a helicopter and a boat patrol, if a police department can have it Plano probable does have it. Plano Police Officers are some of the highest paid officers in Texas. They have a strong and influential Police Officers Association.

I know their patrol is supposed to go to rotating 12-hour shifts. So, every other week they will have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.

Plano PD has a city jail where all prisoners get booked in. Detention Officers in the jail transport prisoners to be booked into county.

If you have any other questions just let me know. We have a Plano Police Officer in our office as a liason. I can find out real quick.

Comment

Back when that Plano sgt shot a suspect in Dallas, the news had mentioned that the department was getting ready to issue weaponlights to all officers. Are they still on track with that or has that been rethought? Also, I've never seen a Plano officer with a Taser. Any insight on that?

Comment

I do not know where the tac-light situation is as, but I will find out. Plano does have tasers. However, they do not issue individual tasers. Also, they have the old school tasers that look like handheld vacuum cleaners and have to be worn on a thigh holster. I have been told officers fight over who has to wear it. Policy says one taser must be carried on each shift.

Comment

Originally posted by inv_clark View Post
                      I do not know where the tac-light situation is as, but I will find out. Plano does have tasers. However, they do not issue individual tasers. Also, they have the old school tasers that look like handheld vacuum cleaners and have to be worn on a thigh holster. I have been told officers fight over who has to wear it. Policy says one taser must be carried on each shift.
                      lol.... wow.

Comment

I verified that Plano has purchased tac-lights and tac-light holsters. They're just waiting to issue them.

Comment

A dept with that kind of money and they only have one taser a shift.....

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                            A dept with that kind of money and they only have one taser a shift.....
                            No. They have about a dozen available per shift, but by policy only one must be carried by someone per shift. It is just that no one wants to carry them.

Comment

There is no fight...seniority settles that argument every time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6332 users online. 362 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X