300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reference Books

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it. I know there are a couple of quick reference books that GT's sales to assist in the field. Just curious to know what some of you guys use and which ones you would recommend using. The ones I found on GT's website are: Texas Criminal and Traffic Law Field Guide, Pocket Press Criminal Codes, and Pocket Press Traffic Codes. Are these worth purchasing or are there others that are better.
    Texas State Trooper

If you have a computer in your car with internet access just use the states online Penal code, what I use. If you have a disc drive you can download the sections and just reference that when plugged into the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamHouston View Post
      I know this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it. I know there are a couple of quick reference books that GT's sales to assist in the field. Just curious to know what some of you guys use and which ones you would recommend using. The ones I found on GT's website are: Texas Criminal and Traffic Law Field Guide, Pocket Press Criminal Codes, and Pocket Press Traffic Codes. Are these worth purchasing or are there others that are better.

http://www.tdcaa.com/publications

I got the dwi investigation and traffic stop. Priceless info in these books.

Comment

Good topic... I bought the individual little book for traffic and the separate one for criminal from GTdist... not sure if they're the best or not.

Comment

Get the pocket traffic book! Very useful!
          TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

theres a small green book called elements of crime, not sure if that's what you're getting at, but i use that book daily
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

If you have an iPhone, you can get an App with all of the laws of Texas on it. Much easier than searching through a html file or pdf. Pretty handy.
              Last edited by fencipede; 04-16-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fencipede View Post
                If you have an iPhone, you can get an App with all of the laws of Texas on it. Much easier than searching through a html file or pdf. Pretty handy.
                does that include traffic code? Ive been trying to find an easy guide that just has traffic in it
                In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                  does that include traffic code? Ive been trying to find an easy guide that just has traffic in it
                  If I remember right, you can purchase the Transportation Code separately from everything else if its all you want, but I got the full version with the Penal Code, CCP, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Transportation Code, etc.

Comment

I refused to trust the apps on updated or correct info. My solution was to download an amazing document viewer called GoodReader from the app store for 99 cents. You can go into the states website on your phone and download the PDF or HTML version and save it into files. Will take some time renaming and organizing your d/l files but the app gives you the ability to search in all the files. Plus you can update it yourself when need be without worrying about paying 5 bucks for the next years laws.

Comment

Originally posted by fencipede View Post
                      If I remember right, you can purchase the Transportation Code separately from everything else if its all you want, but I got the full version with the Penal Code, CCP, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Transportation Code, etc.
                      awesome thanks!
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5476 users online. 176 members and 5300 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X