300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic PC

You guys have any good PC you use for traffic? Is there anything that falls under hanging items from the rear view that obstruct view, or cracks in the windshield?

Sec. 547.613. RESTRICTIONS ON WINDOWS. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense that is a misdemeanor:

(1) if the person operates a motor vehicle that has an object or material that is placed on or attached to the windshield or side or rear window and that obstructs or reduces the operator's clear view;

Comment

Originally posted by fencipede View Post
      Sec. 547.613. RESTRICTIONS ON WINDOWS. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person commits an offense that is a misdemeanor:

(1) if the person operates a motor vehicle that has an object or material that is placed on or attached to the windshield or side or rear window and that obstructs or reduces the operator's clear view;
      Was familiar with that... just didn't know if my first example fell into that category or not, or if anyone has used it as such. How about the cracks in the windshield? Had one guy I work with who said you can stop a vehicle for safety reasons (ie bald tires) but another guy told me no bueno.

Comment

Failure to signal required distance, failure to dim headlights. and stopping past designated stopping point.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          Was familiar with that... just didn't know if my first example fell into that category or not, or if anyone has used it as such. How about the cracks in the windshield? Had one guy I work with who said you can stop a vehicle for safety reasons (ie bald tires) but another guy told me no bueno.
          According to the DPS cracked windshields are NOT points for inspection, therefore not a violation of the traffic code (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/misc/faq/faq_item.htm). If it is an obvious safety issue I guess you could stop on those grounds, but anything resulting for stop would be pretty feather-legged. In my county at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
            According to the DPS cracked windshields are NOT points for inspection, therefore not a violation of the traffic code (http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/vi/misc/faq/faq_item.htm). If it is an obvious safety issue I guess you could stop on those grounds, but anything resulting for stop would be pretty feather-legged. In my county at least.
            Thanks... could it nor be used as obstructed view, though?

Comment

1) if the person operates a motor vehicle that has an object or material that is placed on or attached to the windshield or side or rear window and that obstructs or reduces the operator's clear view;

I heard the place or attatched wording doesnt allow cracks to qualify under this subsection. Will be argued how can you place or attach a crack?

Honestly I can see it both ways. Just playing devils advocate.

Comment

Here are the times required to signal a turn for 100 feet at a couple different speeds. Not as useful at freeway speeds, but in residential areas and busier streets. 2 seconds is a long time for most people to signal a turn/lane change.

vehicle speed = time to cover 100 feet

30mph = 2.27 seconds
                45mph = 1.51 seconds
                60mph = 1.13 seconds

---

don't forget No Front LP, Obstructed LP and Crossing Property (everyone knows (b), but many do not know (a), good for coming out of shopping centers that cross a sidewalk.

Sec. 545.423. CROSSING PROPERTY. (a) An operator may not cross a sidewalk or drive through a driveway, parking lot, or business or residential entrance without stopping the vehicle.
                (b) An operator may not cross or drive in or on a sidewalk, driveway, parking lot, or business or residential entrance at an intersection to turn right or left from one highway to another highway.

Comment

Crack windshields are a federal law...
                  If you can take pictures of the cracks and they are hazardous, you could try "allowing unsafe vehicle to be operated on highway" not 100% on the verbiage. But cracks are pretty featherlegged. There's always something better.
                  TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Thanks guys... keep them coming if you have them. I stopped a lot for the cracked windshields back home and got a lot of good things, trying to adjust to the laws here.

On the parking lot, it doesn't necessarily have to have a sidewalk at the exit or entrance to mandate the person stops before exiting right?

Comment

If they leave a private drive/parking lot even if there is not a stop sign and just pull out onto the public street then you can write them for failed to yield row private drive, parking lot and there are a couple more on this one arrest title. I use it all the time.
                      Texas State Trooper

Comment

Thanks brother, just looking for more tools in the tool belt to hunt dope and the such. Keep them coming if you can think of any other obscure laws.

Comment

Would be kind of hard to stop somebody for having hanging dice from the rear view, when most of us have a radar head and camera head attached to the windshield...

Comment

Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                            Would be kind of hard to stop somebody for having hanging dice from the rear view, when most of us have a radar head and camera head attached to the windshield...
                            Heard similar argument, but don't really subscribe to the theory since we drive emergency vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                              Heard similar argument, but don't really subscribe to the theory since we drive emergency vehicles.
                              True, but what does that allow us to do? If we're not responding to an emergency, we must obey all rules and regulations like every Joe blow out there. Exempt tags just mean exempt from registration fees, doesn't mean we're exempt from the laws (unless responding to emergency, catching violator, etc)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4218 users online. 227 members and 3991 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X