300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disorderly Conduct Question

It’s been 25 yrs since I went through an academy and 20 since I went Federal so I was hoping someone on here might be able to clarify something for me. A friend of mine received a citation for Disorderly Conduct for exposing her top. I remembered exposing the breast was not a state (TX) offense and looked the charge up in the penal code and found the following:

Sec. 42.01. Disorderly Conduct.
    (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:

(10) exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another
    may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act; or

I remembered the act was not a state charge but could be a city ordinance violation. Am I remembering this correctly?
    I know what she did was not cool, but didn't understand why the citation was issued when it clearly did not meet the elements. I would appreciate any possible info that I may not be considering.
    Thanks,

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

(a)(2)makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;

It could fall under (a)(2) which is essentially a catch-all if someone's peace is disturbed by it. Did someone complain on the girl or something?

Comment

It was done at a TSA screener after they insisted on further searching that area after she went through body x ray.

Comment

Originally posted by 1895bombdog View Post
        It was done at a TSA screener after they insisted on further searching that area after she went through body x ray.
        In that case, she supposedly breached the peace of the TSA screener. Kind of a chicken **** ticket if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by creedstaind View Post
          In that case, she supposedly breached the peace of the TSA screener. Kind of a chicken **** ticket if you ask me.
          I concur..

Comment

Yeah, I'd have her consult with an attorney.......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5228 users online. 277 members and 4951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X