Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBR Security in Iraq

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
    Emma: I worked a contract in 2006 after some guys I met that worked for TII also worked for Triple Canopy.
    Gotcha. Also worked closely with some of the other ones, either as a customer or consultant....Global, MVM, Cohort, Blackwater....the owner of Global is a trip and was persona non grata in Iraq for about two years, but they still keep winning work. They were the Brit firm that first protected the US Embassy in Iraq. If you've heard of Global, then you've surely heard of Damian, LOL. Legendary *****. Hope things are going ok at work. Hang in there.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
      Well I have a buddy from my department having a conference call with them now. I wasnt able to have mine because I dont have an US passport yet and he does. So whenver he is done he will call me and tell me whats the the deal. Its not looking so good anymore. Thinking about just finishing off my process with West University PD, Sugarland PD and League City (which im really looking forward to, because it looks like they will be hiring more than 1 or 2 people) and i'll see what happens. Maybe by that time some other departments will begin to hire. I know a lot of you have told me to move to another state or move within the state but I like it here. Ill try to figure out what other options I have. Thanks for everything so far.
      Z if you noticed all the jobs are up by the dallas area, I look at these jobs almost every day to see if anything new popped up in our Area, Im in Katy but i know every peace officer will be applying for the same few jobs... How far along are you in West U's process? League City wont be testing till June, Make sure you get a study guide from them. I know Galveston PD is hiring as well as UTMB in Galveston, I dont know how you feel about working for a school but they posted that maybe a week ago.. Look into it bro

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ArmyMP5 View Post
        Z if you noticed all the jobs are up by the dallas area, I look at these jobs almost every day to see if anything new popped up in our Area, Im in Katy but i know every peace officer will be applying for the same few jobs... How far along are you in West U's process? League City wont be testing till June, Make sure you get a study guide from them. I know Galveston PD is hiring as well as UTMB in Galveston, I dont know how you feel about working for a school but they posted that maybe a week ago.. Look into it bro
        As far as West University, I turned in my full application on Tuesday. So hopefully I get a call this week for the oral board. I did a ride along with a Segeant in their department, man those guys have it so made. I was with him for about 5 hours. They have had the same slots opened since summer of last year and have yet to fill them. According to the Sergeant they havent found someone that they really liked. But for right now I know I have a plus, military and spanish speaker which they like and need. League City im waiting on their test in June like you stated, ill get my 5 pts for being a vet. I have a PT and written test with Sugarland PD on May 3.

        Comment


        • #19
          Thats cool keep on pushing, im wating and waiting, I know there are so many applicants for that west U spot.. Wish you luck, Im hoping to hear back from San Jac, I did my oral board last Thurs. Next is an interview with the Chief, then he makes his decision.. SO im in a holding pattern as well..

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by ArmyMP5 View Post
            Thats cool keep on pushing, im wating and waiting, I know there are so many applicants for that west U spot.. Wish you luck, Im hoping to hear back from San Jac, I did my oral board last Thurs. Next is an interview with the Chief, then he makes his decision.. SO im in a holding pattern as well..
            Yea, I was thinking the same thing about West U having so many applicants, but I turned in my pre-app and in the same week I got called to do my written test. When I turned in my full application I asked the HR lady what was an estimated number of applicants ahead of me and she said a lot, so I didnt think I would have a chance, but she said you never know and to go for it anyways. Then the sergeant told me that they have had the same slots from last year, so I figure I might have a chance. I really dont know who they are looking for, if for in fact they have had the same slots since last year because they havent found the people they want, then I have no idea what they are looking for in someone. Im sure spanish speakers with military and more years of patrol experience have been through their process before me, so I wonder what has been the issue and what exactly are they looking for. I hope they call me soon for the board, im going to give it my all.

            Comment


            • #21
              They are very picky I guess... Same slots since last year? Wow... Thats crazy.. Well good luck bro, Hope you get the call...

              Comment


              • #22
                Can I ask, if you already are a LEO and have a job. Why would you leave it to go work overseas? Yes the money may "look" good, however avg the hours you would work vs benefits, etc and if you already have those at your current job...why leave? Why not just wait until someone else picks you up in Tx? Just curious.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  Can I ask, if you already are a LEO and have a job. Why would you leave it to go work overseas? Yes the money may "look" good, however avg the hours you would work vs benefits, etc and if you already have those at your current job...why leave? Why not just wait until someone else picks you up in Tx? Just curious.
                  I was recenlty laid off from Harris County Pct 4. So im a reservist now, been applying for police positions where they are hiring but there isnt many right now. Some of the guys at my police dept stated that KBR was hiring so I was looking into them.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Sorry to hear that...well best of luck then.
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                      Can I ask, if you already are a LEO and have a job. Why would you leave it to go work overseas? Yes the money may "look" good, however avg the hours you would work vs benefits, etc and if you already have those at your current job...why leave? Why not just wait until someone else picks you up in Tx? Just curious.
                      I would think twice......but that's just me. I know several guys that quit to go overseas and now that they have made a ton of cash, they can't find LEO jobs......

                      So, all the cash they made, they are no spending it to live on.......

                      Just a thought....

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        My department is calling back some of the Deputies it laid off, hopefully im on that list. I've never had any good luck when it comes to good things, but just this time, can I get something good thrown my way...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
                          My department is calling back some of the Deputies it laid off, hopefully im on that list. I've never had any good luck when it comes to good things, but just this time, can I get something good thrown my way...
                          fingers cross for ya.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            The calling back of Deputies to get their jobs back is over... Didnt get called back... I read the email of all that were called back and some guys had been there way less time than me, I shouldnt had read the email....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
                              The calling back of Deputies to get their jobs back is over... Didnt get called back... I read the email of all that were called back and some guys had been there way less time than me, I shouldnt had read the email....
                              Sounds like you need to file a law suit to me....

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Scubadiver View Post
                                Sounds like you need to file a law suit to me....
                                Something like that will ruin my chances of getting on somewhere else. I heard there's a few Deputies out there that are getting themselves some attorneys. A friend of mine that was sworn in with me had a meeting with one of the Captains, in reference to what kind of Criteria did they use to lay off people and what type of criteria they use to call back people. The Captain had no answers for him, so my friend requested to have a meeting with one of he Chiefs, Captain replied back, "If you want to stick around in this department, I suggest you dont do that".

                                A couple of days later another chief contacted my friend, pretty much just wanted to know what my buddy had asked the captain. Some really shady stuff going on.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5988 users online. 346 members and 5642 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X