300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW Area agencies that have Reserves

I am trying to get an idea of what agencies in the DFW area have reserve divisions outside of the Dallas PD and Fort Worth PD. As you may or may not know Fort Worth has suspended their reserve program indefinitely leaving me without a position. Until they get rulings on their legal questions which could be from 6 months to a year I am going to look for a new place to get on where I can make a difference. Any guidance that you can provide would be helpful.

Stay safe out there.

I think most of them have reserves, it just boils down to what they let you do and the process to get on. IE: DCSO has them, but I don't believe they are allowed to patrol on their own. They must ride with a F/T Deputy. I don't know about Dallas, but I believe FWPD did not allow their reserves to act in official capacity when off duty (correct me if I am wrong.) Grand Prarie uses them, but you have to go through the same hiring process as a F/T officer, which to me makes no sense. You'll probably have to contact each agency directly. I do know that Lancaster is just about always advertising for reserves. Also, check TML.org. and look under the employment section. Departments advertise for reserves on there all the time. If you want to go East a little, check out Henderson Co, where I work. Alot of the small agencies there only have 2-3 paid officers and rely heavily on reserves.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Mansfield PD has a reserve program. Reserves are required to go through the FTO Program.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
        Mansfield PD has a reserve program. Reserves are required to go through the FTO Program.
        Hmmm. I may be hittin ya'll up pending what happens with this current group of apps Im doing and if my Sgt gets hired elsewhere.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Do you guys happen to know if any of the ones you have mentioned are Civil Service agencies. I am curious to know how the department balances the civil service aspect of full time officers vs. the unpaid reserve side of things.

Comment

Richardson Tx PD has a great reserve program...all the reat use V.I.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by Oscarton View Post
              I am trying to get an idea of what agencies in the DFW area have reserve divisions outside of the Dallas PD and Fort Worth PD. As you may or may not know Fort Worth has suspended their reserve program indefinitely leaving me without a position. Until they get rulings on their legal questions which could be from 6 months to a year I am going to look for a new place to get on where I can make a difference. Any guidance that you can provide would be helpful.

Stay safe out there.
              Just like Rudy8116 said most agencies have them. I would check with the department you would like to get on with and check them out. Here are some of the cities that have a reserve program.

Irving,Tx
              Dallas PD
              Terrell,Tx
              Allen,Tx
              Richardson,Tx
              Desoto,Tx
              Lancaster,Tx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6333 users online. 348 members and 5985 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X