Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroe PD Shooting dash cam video.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/27458700/index.html

Dash cam video of the shooting of Sgt. Kelemen.
    Last edited by yammahoppy; 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling

Tough to watch, Sgt. Kelemen is a true hero. That dash cam video reminds me of the dash cam video where Trooper Randy Vetter was shot and killed. In both cases the perp was pointing a gun at the officer and both officers tried to talk him down. I'm still a civilian but I know damn sure that the second a gun is pointed at me I'm done talking and I'm shooting. Regardless, my prayers are with Sgt. Kelemen and his family, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

makes me wonder if there were people in the bakery behind the guy with the gun... or if the SGT thought there was...
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Man, hard to watch, especially making what he probably thought would be a final phone call to his loved ones...

Comment

I know it's hard to say what you would do until put into that situation... but man, I just don't understand the response there.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            I know it's hard to say what you would do until put into that situation... but man, I just don't understand the response there.
            I agree. Maybe he felt like he would miss from that range in those circumstances and didn't want to **** the suspect off and start a gun battle if there's a chance he could talk him out of it. Maybe if he missed, the suspect goes into the bakery and kills everyone. Maybe he wanted more cover there. Who knows? But yeah if I've got a gun pointed at me i'm going to take a shot regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
              makes me wonder if there were people in the bakery behind the guy with the gun... or if the SGT thought there was...
              Thats exactly what I was just telling my GF and as I saw the video. The turd pointing the shotgun at him from the begining as he leans on the brick pillar was enough to defend himself. Only reason I can think of for the Sergeant not shooting is the same, maybe there was chance of people being in the bakery. Another thing though, if thats going through his mind why not take better cover, you clearly see the turd aiming and taking his sweet *** time to take the shot and just like that he takes it. He should had been on the left rear of the vehicle ducking and barely showing himself. Its incredible that the turd got him in the face...

All in all my wishes of him getting better soon are with him and his family.

Comment

I hope the officer makes a quick recovery. I can't understand why he was trying to reason with an insane man with a shotgun. This speaks volumes for the value of a patrol rifle I believe.

Comment

Very Very Very true Native Texan... At my I guess you can say still current agency we have guys that were military who served in Iraq and carried an M16 or M4, 24 seven in Iraq and my agency tells us that we cant carry unless we have been on for 2 yrs.

Comment

I don't understand this either. Someone pointing a gun at you, you shoot. Heck, even someone just holding a gun in their hands and not putting it down- I would justify a shoot.

Comment

^^^This^^^
                      I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

I don't want to arm chair this, but seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                          I don't want to arm chair this, but seriously?
                          :/ it's unfortunate....

Comment

He said in an interview that at that range and people behind the gunman he couldn't safely take a shot.
                            "Did that hurt? It looked like it hurt"

Comment

Originally posted by MG108 View Post
                              He said in an interview that at that range and people behind the gunman he couldn't safely take a shot.
                              Yea I was thinking about range too, it looks like a good 25 yard shot.
                              Texan Native's comment come into play, this would had been a perfect situation for a long gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4544 users online. 277 members and 4267 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X