300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conroe PD Officer shot suspect killed

One of my buddies contacted me and advised me of this and I found the story. If this is the officer he told me it is, I worked with him a long long time ago back in 96 before he left for a brief stint with Galveston PD and then went north. His brothers still work in the area down here. I am told he might or will lose an eye but that he will be okay, thank God.

Conroe officer shot in face during standoff with armed suspect
    by khou.com staff
    khou.com
    Posted on April 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM

CONROE, Texas – A man was dead and an officer in critical condition Saturday following a shooting outside a Conroe bakery.

Police said the officer responded to a report in the 330 block of North Loop 336 east that an armed man was tapping the front door of a Discount Bakery Store with a shotgun.

Upon his arrival, the officer said the suspect was armed and pointing it at him.

Police said the dispatcher then heard shots fired, prompting more officers to respond.

They found the officer had been shot in the face and transported him to the hospital in critical condition.

The suspect died at the scene.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Thoughts and Prayers en route.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Updated Story:

It is who I thought it was, get better Sgt. Kelemen!

A police officer was shot in the face and another man was killed after a shooting outside a Conroe bakery Saturday, authorities said.

Police dispatchers received a call around 4 p.m. about a disturbance outside a bakery in the 400 block of North Loop 336 East, where a man armed with a shotgun was allegedly threatening people inside the business, said Conroe Police Department spokesman Sgt. Joe Smart.

Witnesses told police the suspect fired one shot at Sgt. James Kelemen, the first officer on the scene, striking him in the face.

Several other officers arrived on the scene as the shooting was occurring and returned fire, striking the armed man, who died on the scene, Smart said.

Kelemen, a six-year veteran, was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital-The Texas Medical Center, where he is reportedly in stable condition. He's expected to lose his right eye.
      The officer's and the suspect's names are not being released at this time. The case is under investigation
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Certainly makes you think about the sacrifices we make out on the street... prayers to the officer.

Comment

Wish our brother a speedy recovery and bring comfort to his family, PD family and friends!
          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Now that's a true hero. Putting himself in harm's way to protect the innocent. True warrior! Be proud Sarge, be proud!

Comment

Thoughts and prayers brother!!!! Thank you for your duties and sacrifice! Stand proud!
              TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Glad he is going to be ok!!

Memorial Hermann provides awesome care.

A local (Houston) radio show host, Michael Berry, is a HUGE supporter of Officers/Firemen. He has started a fund for the Sgts family via Amegy bank.

http://www.facebook.com/MichaelBerryFanPage

If you dont have FB, heres a quote:

Michael Berry
                HELP AN OFFICER. I argued with someone last week about supporting the tsunami victims when we don't support our own. Charity should begin at home, like for an officer who was shot in the face with a shotgun, at close range, in the line of duty. You can contribute ANY amount (even $1) to ANY Amegy, under James Kelemen Fund, established today.

Comment

I offer my prayers for this officer.
                  We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                  but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Prayers to Officer and family.................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3173 users online. 175 members and 2998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X