300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington PD Hiring Process

I have applied to the department and have been invited to the May testing. Is there anyone out there that has any information on the next academy and how long the hiring process usually takes? The recruiter said that she would be able to expedite my process by allowing me to do my interview, physical, pysch and poly all in one trip since I am a out of town applicant. I'm looking for any new information about the PD, I am in the background phase of the DPD and really would like one of these 2 departments to pick me up since it has been a dream to move down to North Texas once I graduate in May. Also how hard is the physical in Arlington, the thing that looks the toughest is the ladder climb 20ft with a shotgun?

I'm also in the process of applying to Arlington PD. I just recently left the DPS academy due to an injury. I'm really impressed with Arlington's minimum standard of a 4 yr degree and the speed of the hiring process. There are a few officers on this board that are Arlington Officers and they have been a huge bank of information for previous applicants, so I'm sure they will chime in with some info before too long.

Pointblank

Comment

There are a few officers on this board that are Arlington Officers and they have been a huge bank of information for previous applicants, so I'm sure they will chime in with some info before too long.

Pointblank[/QUOTE]

this^!!!!!! ill wait as well!!!

Comment

I believe Arlington is non civil service, whereas Dallas is. Every department has its up and downs, it all depends on what you make of it. If you become a dirt bag once out of the academy, you aren't going to last long anywhere. But if you keep your nose clean, stay away from the disgruntled people and actually do your job, any department is worth working for. Of course, there's a little more action in Dallas, than Arlington, or maybe I am just bias.

Comment

Could you please explain what "civil service" and "non-civil service" means in respect to law enforcement?

Thanks

Pointblank

Comment

Check out the archives, there's tons of information. Here's a start for you new guys that are interested.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...hp/t-61218.htm

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-67586.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-68695.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-69403.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-70095.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-71023.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc...p/t-88266.html

http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc.../t-114233.html

The next academy class will most likely be in the fall since our most recent class just started early March. The class size has been around 20 recruits. The physical test is quite easy as long as your in some sort of decent shape. The ladder climb with the shotgun is probably one of the easiest physical tests. Most people who apply have trouble getting over the 6 foot wall. More info here: http://www.arlingtonpd.org/index.asp...ysagiltest.asp

Hope this helps.

Comment

I was wanting to know the length of Arlington's Hiring Process. I submitted an application back in February and got an interview set up for July after I return from my deployment. I really like what Arlington has to offer and my wife really enjoys the area. I was considering Austin and Plano as well. One of Arlington's recruiting officer's told me that the hiring process could take up to a year. I just find this hard to believe because some of the other departments in the DFW area it only takes up to six weeks. Yeah if this was the FBI, then okay I would believe it. The only thing that might slow my process is me not having a bachelor's degree yet. But I told the officer that I would be starting my final class in May and will have my degree in August. My seperation date from the military is at the end of September, thats why I was asking around to see. I don't want to put my family in a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarstatefinest View Post
                I was wanting to know the length of Arlington's Hiring Process. I submitted an application back in February and got an interview set up for July after I return from my deployment. I really like what Arlington has to offer and my wife really enjoys the area. I was considering Austin and Plano as well. One of Arlington's recruiting officer's told me that the hiring process could take up to a year. I just find this hard to believe because some of the other departments in the DFW area it only takes up to six weeks. Yeah if this was the FBI, then okay I would believe it. The only thing that might slow my process is me not having a bachelor's degree yet. But I told the officer that I would be starting my final class in May and will have my degree in August. My seperation date from the military is at the end of September, thats why I was asking around to see. I don't want to put my family in a bind.
                From the date I tested to the date I started at my PD, which is smaller than Arlington, was approximately 7 months. Departments vary in how quickly they can process candidates.

Comment

saintsfan7105-31-2007, 02:32 PM
                  hello:
                  i applied with arlington in november 2006, passed all the process and i m waiting for a background investigator to pick up my file nobody did. i m still waiting and all the paper work will expire in june. what is the deal?
                  whenever i call they tell methat i passed everything and i m in the pool of candidates and somebody will call u if your file get picked up.

i dont know what the deal is with what is happening to you. i started the process on march 16th, went through the hiring process, and was hired on april 12th. my hiring process only took 3 1/2 weeks. start the academy in august. as of april 17th, there have been only 7 people, including myself, hired by the department for the academy in august and they have 40 slots available. who is your background investigator or do you know? the way my hiring process went is as follows:

Pleminary Interview - 3/16/07
                  Physical Agility Test - 3/16/07
                  Background Investigation - Started on 3/20/07
                  Medical - 3/29/07
                  Polygraph - 3/30/07
                  Psych - 3/30/07
                  BI Investigator Final Interview - 4/3/07
                  Final Oral Board - 4/12/07

I know this is a few years back but is the process still this quick.

Comment

I had my interview this past Friday, during the brief orientation the Sgt. said the process could take up to six months to complete. However, when we finished the PAT they said we could receive a phone call to begin Phase II as early as today or as late as a year from now. There were only 11 of us that finished Phase I in my group, so group size may have something to do with it?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I really like what Arlington has to offer but other deparment hiring process are quicker. For example, Mesquite's process is only like 4-6 weeks. I just don't want to put all my eggs in a basket, considering I have a wife and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarstatefinest View Post
                        Thanks for the response. I really like what Arlington has to offer but other deparment hiring process are quicker. For example, Mesquite's process is only like 4-6 weeks. I just don't want to put all my eggs in a basket, considering I have a wife and kids.
                        Apply too as many departments in the area as you can. There are a bunch that are amazing departments to work for.

Comment

Originally posted by marquis2405 View Post
                          I have applied to the department and have been invited to the May testing. Is there anyone out there that has any information on the next academy and how long the hiring process usually takes? The recruiter said that she would be able to expedite my process by allowing me to do my interview, physical, pysch and poly all in one trip since I am a out of town applicant. I'm looking for any new information about the PD, I am in the background phase of the DPD and really would like one of these 2 departments to pick me up since it has been a dream to move down to North Texas once I graduate in May. Also how hard is the physical in Arlington, the thing that looks the toughest is the ladder climb 20ft with a shotgun?

just curious what the dates are for the May test. Just wondering if i had enough time to get my paper work in, and want to make sure its not when my new baby boy is born!!1 thanks

Comment

Does APD offer a modified academy for current LEO's or any type of lateral process? Nothing on their website therefore I am guessing no.
                            Last edited by Rodeojones; 04-19-2011, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r1967a View Post
                              just curious what the dates are for the May test. Just wondering if i had enough time to get my paper work in, and want to make sure its not when my new baby boy is born!!1 thanks
                              I think it's May 13th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3337 users online. 194 members and 3143 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X