300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushmaster Texas M-4 Carbine

I know this is a firearms question, but since this is a rifle that is issued to DPS the TX section makes more sense to me, I was wondering if it is a decent rifle to carry? Anyone here have one? Shot one?

I'm refering to this one:
    http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....BCWA3F16M4TXIO

If its good enough for troopers, then its good enough for any officer.

My dept does not have any rifles nor do they intend to purchase any in the near future. Also there is no policy that mentions patrol rifles.

I dont know anything about AR/M4, dont make much money on my paycheck (take home < 900 every 2 weeks).

The only options I could see adding are a vertical foregrip, optics, and maybe flaslight on the piccany rails.

Thanks for your input.

**Mods can more this topic to firearms if they deem it more appropriate.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Treated myself to one on election day 08' from GT Distrubutors in Austin. Love the gun. Fired 60 -70 rds at 25 yrds w/ standard carry handle sight as fast as I could get on target, chewed the the crap out of the 9 and 10 rings with no adjustments. Plan on adding an Acog or EOTech and replacing the rear sight with a Troy folding battle sight as funds allow. Too many other issues to adress now, but I would buy another one in a hearbeat. Like it better than my duty issue Colt AR and didn't get screwed on the price. $879 plus tax at the time. Know guys that bought worse at $1200+

Comment

I work for DPS and carry it daily while working. It is a great firearm and very reliable. DPS puts all of our weapons through extensive test and this is the rifle that came out the best. I also own one as well. They are on the cheaper end of these types of rifles but they will shoot dirty, accurately, and function properly. I stand by this rifle. I do have foregrips on my personal rifle plus flashlight and optics. I use mine mostly to go pig hunting. If you can find a way to purchase one I recommend it.

Comment

I am issued one and have a personal one too. It's a great weapon. No problems and shoots great. EOTechis the best, I would recommend adding that. A sling would be good too.

Bar M - Where are you out of sir?
        TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Where do you troopers keep your M4 in your cruisers? Do they stay in the trunk or up front?

Comment

I keep mine in the back seat between the door and seat on the driver side. It's upside down and ready to go if crap hits the fan. I have a 5.11 bail out bag with extra M4 mags, pistol mags, and cuff right next to it on the floorboard. In rural TX, your weapons are your back up when the 1 deputy in your county cound be 30-40 min away.
            TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper2795 View Post
              I keep mine in the back seat between the door and seat on the driver side. It's upside down and ready to go if crap hits the fan. I have a 5.11 bail out bag with extra M4 mags, pistol mags, and cuff right next to it on the floorboard. In rural TX, your weapons are your back up when the 1 deputy in your county cound be 30-40 min away.
              I guess that means you transport prisoners up front.
              Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I carry one as well. To be honest I've never shot anything else (AR wise), its simple and effective.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  I guess that means you transport prisoners up front.
                  That is correct. We don't have cages in our cars and plus I like to carry on a conversation when I'm takin someone to the pokie.
                  TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

That is correct. We don't have cages in our cars and plus I like to carry on a conversation when I'm takin someone to the pokie.
                    That can have some value. They are much more talkative when up front.
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I also own one personal and used them (well, Colt, but M-4 none the less) while deployed. Personaly I think the forgrips are crap. They get hung up and snag. We were trained to grip the magazine. Some how or another it seemed to help with the ocasional mag failure, it also puts your pivot point closer in so you dont have to make such a large movment to raise/lower the barrel. Another advantage is it keeps your off hand closer to the body of the weapon for correcting malfunctions quicker.

The M-4 as a whole is a great weapon with the proper upkeep. Many of the folks I was deployed with hated the M4, they were also the ones who didnt take care of and maintain their equipment.

The Bushmaster, even in stock form, has always been a reliable rifle for me.

Comment

Bar M - Where are you out of sir?
                        I am out of 5B, the southeast corner.

Comment

This website and company you cannot beat prices on guns. They also give discounts to LE as well as others such as Fire, Paramedics etc.

http://www.budsgunshop.com

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...hp/cPath/36_60
                          "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

Originally posted by Brejcha View Post
                            This website and company you cannot beat prices on guns. They also give discounts to LE as well as others such as Fire, Paramedics etc.

http://www.budsgunshop.com

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...hp/cPath/36_60
                            Unless something has changed, I believe GT Distributors was the exclusive distributor of new Bushmaster Texas M4 carbines.

Comment

Originally posted by katseiye View Post
                              Unless something has changed, I believe GT Distributors was the exclusive distributor of new Bushmaster Texas M4 carbines.
                              Ahhh just noticed that the thread was calling for a specific model. Disregard my above post if looking for the tx bushmaster.

Still some good deals on other weapons on buds.
                              "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3123 users online. 173 members and 2950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X