Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn Harris County Pct layoffs are insane!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Harris County Pct layoffs are insane!!

For those affected, I pray you guys get hired on somewhere soon.. This just today (it's new news to me at least)...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/27299983/detail.html

wow.. that sucks. i know someone on these boards was hired there recently. hope he isn't affected.

Comment

Yeah Zurita210 was hired and more than likely, since he's one of the newest I'd venture to say they will let him go. I hope not, but it ain't looking too good. Even HCCO PCT 8 migth be looking to cut a few.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Sorry guys, didnt see that this thread had started already...

So as many of you know Harris County Constables Office Pct 4 laid off 97 people yesterday, 90 of those being Deputies. I was one of them, yesterday during my shift at approximately 6:30pm, myself along with others were called over the radio to report to Station 1. We reported there so that they could tell us we didnt have a job anymore. I was forced to give up my badge at that time too. The media was out there and they recorded as we turned in out ID's and badges. It was so embarassing.

We were told that we could still get on as reserves to keep our police license active. It was so shady the way they did things. Some of us including myself had turds that we were about to arrest. We had to release them and apologize to the complainant. I myself told the complainant that more than likely I wouldnt have a job anymore so I had to release the guy because higher ups were calling us that they wanted us to report to Station 1 ASAP.

I tried so hard to get into law enforcement to have it taken away like that. I cant win in this world. I served my county and did a tour in Iraq. I have gotten a college degree and have never been trouble. But here I am with no job, as the lazy ones, brown nosers, those with DADDY in the higher up positions and the trouble makers maintain their jobs. I dont understand, I guess I need to kiss some *** to get ahead or use my sexuality (if I were a female) to keep my job and trust me we have both in the department. When I was working I could care less about those people as long as they did not interfere with me I could care less about them.

Anyways, I will get up from this and try to get hired on somewhere else. Maybe the military is my only calling and the only department that respects me for who I am and what Ive done. Thinking about going over seas with a contractor.

I ask that you guys pray for the guys that were laid off that have families and babies on the way. Damn department couldnt even control the media, they recorded us as we turned in our badges and ID's. They wante to speak with us but I was not embarassed and teary eye to do anthing. I also did not want to say anything stupid that would burn me with the department or other agencies where I plan to apply. GOOD LUCK for the guys who work in Harris county, its turning into a nightmare. I dont know much about politics but it seems since Obama stepped into office, everything is getting worst....

Comment

Every constable precinct has laid off deputies but we got hit really hard since we are the biggest. One of the constables to I forget which precinct retired, he got tired of the politic bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Zurita210 View Post
            Sorry guys, didnt see that this thread had started already...

So as many of you know Harris County Constables Office Pct 4 laid off 97 people yesterday, 90 of those being Deputies. I was one of them, yesterday during my shift at approximately 6:30pm, myself along with others were called over the radio to report to Station 1. We reported there so that they could tell us we didnt have a job anymore. I was forced to give up my badge at that time too. The media was out there and they recorded as we turned in out ID's and badges. It was so embarassing.

We were told that we could still get on as reserves to keep our police license active. It was so shady the way they did things. Some of us including myself had turds that we were about to arrest. We had to release them and apologize to the complainant. I myself told the complainant that more than likely I wouldnt have a job anymore so I had to release the guy because higher ups were calling us that they wanted us to report to Station 1 ASAP.

I tried so hard to get into law enforcement to have it taken away like that. I cant win in this world. I served my county and did a tour in Iraq. I have gotten a college degree and have never been trouble. But here I am with no job, as the lazy ones, brown nosers, those with DADDY in the higher up positions and the trouble makers maintain their jobs. I dont understand, I guess I need to kiss some *** to get ahead or use my sexuality (if I were a female) to keep my job and trust me we have both in the department. When I was working I could care less about those people as long as they did not interfere with me I could care less about them.

Anyways, I will get up from this and try to get hired on somewhere else. Maybe the military is my only calling and the only department that respects me for who I am and what Ive done. Thinking about going over seas with a contractor.

I ask that you guys pray for the guys that were laid off that have families and babies on the way. Damn department couldnt even control the media, they recorded us as we turned in our badges and ID's. They wante to speak with us but I was not embarassed and teary eye to do anthing. I also did not want to say anything stupid that would burn me with the department or other agencies where I plan to apply. GOOD LUCK for the guys who work in Harris county, its turning into a nightmare. I dont know much about politics but it seems since Obama stepped into office, everything is getting worst....
            I'm sorry man, that really sucks! I'd been talking to some of the constables and they'd said there would be some layoffs, but I didn't realize they would be so bad. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Comment

best of luck finding another gig Zurita.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5944 users online. 341 members and 5603 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X