Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Disqualifiers
    General

Any of the following that apply to you will automatically make you ineligible for application

* Convicted of any theft

* Have ever have been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order
    * Are currently under indictment for any criminal offense
    * Have ever been convicted of an offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years
    * Have ever been convicted of any family violence offense
    * Are prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition
    * Driving Record
    * Are prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle
    * Are not able to obtain a class “C” Texas drivers license
    * Have 3 or more accidents within 3 years
    * Have 2 or more speeding violations within 3 years
    * Have ever been convicted of DWI

Prior Military

If you have been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions including, specifically;

* under other than honorable conditions
    * bad conduct
    * dishonorable
    * any other characterization of service indicating bad
    * character

TCLEOSE Licensed

* Have had a commission (TCLEOSE) license denied by final order or revoked
    * Are currently on suspension, or does not have a voluntary surrender of license currently in effect
    * Have not violated any commission rule or provision of Occupations Code, Chapter 1701

Personal Appearance

No person shall be hired who has a visible tattoo, piercing, or branding in any area that cannot be covered by the standard short sleeve police uniform, police shorts, or equivalent civilian attire.

For additional information on this position you may contact Lieutenant David Nabors at 972-412-6248 or by [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for the salary break down.
      Last edited by mcepeda11; 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I love Rowlett Great place to Live ...I do ride alongs and went through the 3 month Citizens P.A. Loved every minute of it ...The Police are wonderful here Ive just about got my wife talked into me applying ...but Im 43 so age and wife are a big factor...but again great place for those interested...I would do it in a heart beat if wife was on board 100% ,(she did let me apply for the Game Warden APP. this year so shes not that bad)...

Comment

I applied for Rowlett yesterday actually, wish I would have seen this post beforehand, Rowlett is testing the day before I take the PAT for Farmers Branch haha.

Comment

Originally posted by DWM811 View Post
            I applied for Rowlett yesterday actually, wish I would have seen this post beforehand, Rowlett is testing the day before I take the PAT for Farmers Branch haha.
            keep us up to date how it went ....Iam curious ...good luck !!

Comment

What is the reason for such a low turnout?

Comment

Are they really hardcore on the tattoo policy? I have tattoos but they are above my elbows. Granted, some parts show when I were a short leave shirt. They are not offensive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarstatefinest View Post
                  Are they really hardcore on the tattoo policy? I have tattoos but they are above my elbows. Granted, some parts show when I were a short leave shirt. They are not offensive at all.
                  The tattoo issue is a huge one with me since I have sleeves on both arms. From the research I have done of departments in Tx, virtually ALL require the tattoo's to be covered up which means wearing long sleeves year round. The only department I have found that allows tattoo's to show is Austin PD. Currently Garland PD allows but the recruiter told me that is quickly changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodeojones View Post
                    The tattoo issue is a huge one with me since I have sleeves on both arms. From the research I have done of departments in Tx, virtually ALL require the tattoo's to be covered up which means wearing long sleeves year round. The only department I have found that allows tattoo's to show is Austin PD. Currently Garland PD allows but the recruiter told me that is quickly changing.
                    Mines barely show when I were a short sleeve shirt.

Comment

Well my wife is finally coming around and Rowlett is my #1 choice ,(we live here and love it ),so I am getting the green light ... being new to all this and a "mid- lifer" ...I don’t think I could get into shape in 2 weeks for the PAT ( currently 6.0 @ 220) ...I really don’t know what chances I would have at 43 but I am a professional with a BBA and have managed as much as 70 employees …I guess its just hard to say unless I try…there would be a substantial pay cut but we are doing well savings/ profit sharing ect…I guess my question is should I wait for the next testing date to have time to study and get in shape or just go for it now…and also candidly given my age is there really a chance to get in?

Comment

Originally posted by JJB1 View Post
                        Well my wife is finally coming around and Rowlett is my #1 choice ,(we live here and love it ),so I am getting the green light ... being new to all this and a "mid- lifer" ...I don’t think I could get into shape in 2 weeks for the PAT ( currently 6.0 @ 220) ...I really don’t know what chances I would have at 43 but I am a professional with a BBA and have managed as much as 70 employees …I guess its just hard to say unless I try…there would be a substantial pay cut but we are doing well savings/ profit sharing ect…I guess my question is should I wait for the next testing date to have time to study and get in shape or just go for it now…and also candidly given my age is there really a chance to get in?
                        Hey JJ,

There are two ways to look at the physical given the fact you don't think you are ready at this point. 1. Don't waste your time. Get ready and take the test when you are prepared. 2. Doesn't hurt to try and at least you get the experience of taking a test and know what to expect the next time you take the physical. I would go with #2.

Regarding the age, I don't think 43 is too old and they cannot legally discriminate for age. Things will be tougher for you though physically speaking, that's just the reality. Chances are you will be removed farther from a school environment from your fellow recruits (due to your age) but that is expected. On the positive side, you will bring a maturity to the academy that most cannot simply due to their life experience.

Get used to being called "old timer" and "gramps" but I say go forth and conquer.

Disclaimer - I am a 40 yr old P.O. in Washington St and would have zero concerns if I had to go through another academy in Tx.

Comment

Disclaimer - I am a 40 yr old P.O. in Washington St and would have zero concerns if I had to go through another academy in Tx
                          Boy before I saw that I was thinking :Listen you little whipper snapper" LOL

Solid advice though. If you're not working out now, your brain will think "OK I can do this" but your body won't respond..

PS

I think civil svc in TX is 44 years old
                          NY it's 34-35
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4945 users online. 317 members and 4628 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X