300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September '11 DPS academy

guy i talked to today said he wouldn't be surprised if they canceled the sept academy. anybody else heard anything similar?
    Secret Service SA
    Applied 1/10
    TEA 4/10
    Initial 5/10
    Panel 10/10
    Poly 12/10
    Poly #2 2/11
    Medical 4/11
    Background 4/11
    HI 5/11
    DS 5/11
    Background update 10/12
    Poly #3 1/13
    Longest timeline in the history of the USSS 1/13
    The Call ????

They were supposed to run 5 this year, I think #3 just started...

Comment

Did he give a reason?

Comment

states $27 billion budget shortfall. same reason thousands of teachers are going to lose their jobs.
        Secret Service SA
        Applied 1/10
        TEA 4/10
        Initial 5/10
        Panel 10/10
        Poly 12/10
        Poly #2 2/11
        Medical 4/11
        Background 4/11
        HI 5/11
        DS 5/11
        Background update 10/12
        Poly #3 1/13
        The Call ????

Comment

I called the other day and was told no decision has been made for the September academy. The recruiter I spoke with didn't think the budget cuts would affect the September academy and said it is still worth the time and effort to apply.

Comment

I think the Sept Academy is still a GO. Apply.
            TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi and hopefully ill be meeting some of you one day, i am about to turn in my application and hopefully get in to the sept academy this year. I live in oklahoma right now but will be graduating college in a few weeks. Anyone got any tips or suggestions to help better my chances?

Comment

Has anyone taken the board for the september class? If so, any tips?

Comment

i wonder if they are going to put on an academy this summer in place of the april one? i took my poly yesterday and the examiner told me austin told him they had to get it done in 8 days. perhaps that is sop but it seems quick to me seeming i only took the initial tests last week. i didn't expect it to go this fast.
                  Secret Service SA
                  Applied 1/10
                  TEA 4/10
                  Initial 5/10
                  Panel 10/10
                  Poly 12/10
                  Poly #2 2/11
                  Medical 4/11
                  Background 4/11
                  HI 5/11
                  DS 5/11
                  Background update 10/12
                  Poly #3 1/13
                  The Call ????

Comment

I took the poly a few weeks ago. My background was finished last Monday so now I am waiting for Austin to go in front of the board.

Comment

Once they have 50 slots filled, they will start up the academy. Last I heard, only 11 spots were filled.
                      TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Trooper2795, When the BI is done how long do you expect that it would take for me to be contacted by Austin to set up the board. My BI was done last Monday but I was not told if I was recommenced or not. If I wasn't I would think that he would have told me.

Comment

It all depends on how busy Audtin HQ is. I would say within 2 weeks since they are past due on starting up the April Academy! Everything is in a rush in my opinion. I have a buddy that did the PT/written tests on Monday and got a call on Tues to be jn Austin on Friday for the poly. It's mainly a coin flip. If you didn't have anything horrible in your background, I would say they you're good to go. Any more questions, feel free to PM me. I'll try my best to answer what I can.
                          TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

background started today. ironically, the secret service started their background investigation today as well.

for you troopers out there i have a question. i applied a couple of months ago and when i did it said that they were accepting applications for an academy that started in the fall. i planned on spending a lot of time this summer doing ride along's and hanging around some of the troopers in my area (i'm a hs coach and am bogged down now, will have time this summer). if i get through the process and am offered a slot in the may/june academy can i opt for the one in the fall? basically the process is moving a lot faster than i anticipated.
                            Secret Service SA
                            Applied 1/10
                            TEA 4/10
                            Initial 5/10
                            Panel 10/10
                            Poly 12/10
                            Poly #2 2/11
                            Medical 4/11
                            Background 4/11
                            HI 5/11
                            DS 5/11
                            Background update 10/12
                            Poly #3 1/13
                            The Call ????

Comment

I'd say if you have the chance to go now, go. I wish I was ready! I dont finish school unitl August and then I can start the process too. Good luck either way!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4583 users online. 277 members and 4306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X