300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWLI w/ previous?

I saw a 27 that was suspended, it said Departmental suspension - DWLI but nowhere on the 27 or 43 was a DWLI conviction or anything at all about a DWLI just that it was currently suspended for one... Would this be the class C or class B?
    I would think that to get your license suspended for DWLI you would have to be convicted?

There could be many reasons that the person's DL had a department suspension. It's goin to be Class C unless...

Still DWLI and has prior conviction = Class B
    DWLI for intoxication offense = Class B
    DWLI for no insurance and still doesn't have of cant provide proof of insurance = Class B
    DWLI for no insurance + involved in a wreck + still doesnt have or cant provide proof of insurance = Class A

Hope this helps.
    TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Thats what he's asking--its suspended for DWLI which you'd think would mean a prior conviction, but there was no prior found.

Personally, I'd class C it since ya couldnt find any proof of a prior.

Comment

Heres the problem were running into...

Since DPS has changed the format of the 27 and 43's, alot of times there is a conviction on record, but doesnt show a cause number or a specific court! I see alot of them saying the conviction date, offense date and just the city or county.. As you know, some cities and counties have tons of precincts and courts..

When we try and get the info, the court (if we can find it) basically stalls and stalls and stalls with the info.. Either that or they won't take the time to look for the info we need..

Our CA has told us if the required info is not on the 10-43, were only to write them a citation for a class C..

I agree with Bell, class C it and send him on his way!!
        "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Alright thanks for the info guys!

Comment

I personally think the legislature should take their thumb out their backside and make all DWLS/DWLI a class A. Get rid of all the rules for a Class B and C.

If those drivers can't follow the rules, thrown them in jail, and impound their car for 30 days. Afterall, driving is a privledge, not a right.

There are way to many people driving that shouldn't be which makes everyone's insurance rates go higher and higher, except for those without insurance and suspended licenses. /end rant.
            "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

I agree! I run across DWLIs everyday.
              TEXAS STATE TROOPER

Comment

Originally posted by TexasOutRage View Post
                I saw a 27 that was suspended, it said Departmental suspension - DWLI but nowhere on the 27 or 43 was a DWLI conviction or anything at all about a DWLI just that it was currently suspended for one... Would this be the class C or class B?
                I would think that to get your license suspended for DWLI you would have to be convicted?

run a CCH. unless thats what a 43 is....
                Originally posted by crass cop
                Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

If they stll have their DL, and are DWLI, I take the DL from em and mail it to Austin.....at least its somewhat of an inconvience to em then

Comment

Not a traffic guy by any means so I have another relevant question....If they just have a Texas ID, is it still considered DWLI even if they never had an actual license?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6183 users online. 335 members and 5848 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X