300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Dallas

Hey everyone, I am in need of some help. I will be in DPD's next academy and I will be moving to Dallas from Chicago. I know next to nothing about the DFW area and need some recommendations for where I should be apartment hunting. The academy is on the south side by Dallas Executive airport and I'd prefer a commute that isn't too long. I also just bought a brand new car so I need somewhere where my car will be safe. Thanks all!

You don't want to live in that area. Check out the Village. It is approximately 15 apartment communites surrounding a country club that you have access too. They are situated to make it similar to its own community. Anything you need is within walking distance a DART rail station is within walking distance. One of my best friends lived there while he was in DPD's academy. They also have intramural leagues, a bar/restraunt and a fitness center in the country club. There is a lake in the middle with a walking path. They also have 24 security.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Only place close to the academy I'd live at is "The Woods" which is in walking distance. However, it costs a pretty penny and the area is crap. The next closest I'd recommend would be somewhere in Cedar Hill, Arlington, or even Waxahachie.

There are much better places to live, but you'll have to drive a bit.
      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Congrats.. now lose the blackhawks and go stars! good luck with dpd.

Comment

The Woods is your best bet for sure! I lived there back in 2009 for a bit. I had a one bedroom on the third floor. I think I was paying around $675. The apartment complex was safe, however the surrounding area was a bit rough. I never had any issues though. The management always seemed nice and helpful. The good thing is, it is real close to the academy. You can go home for lunch and still have plenty of time.

Hope this helps.

Comment

The Village is nestled in a good area. There are some bad areas nearby, but The Village manages to seclude itself faily nicely.

www.myvillageapts.com
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Good info guys, I'll check into both the woods and village. Also thanks xcfmx.

Comment

Congrats Corona.....Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5154 users online. 319 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X