300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Exit?

I was driving up I-45 near The Woodlands today and saw an exit sign for 242 with "Free Exit" in bright yellow above the sign. Are they making 45 a toll road? My friend said she thought it was for hurricane traffic, that a Free Exit meant you can go anywhere off the highway.

Chances are you were on or about to enter a toll road and free exit means you do not have to pay to leave the freeway.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

The north end of the Hardy toll road ends around there. I haven't seen the sign myself, but I'm guessing you were near where they meet.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverBrat View Post
        My friend said she thought it was for hurricane traffic, that a Free Exit meant you can go anywhere off the highway.
        The "Contraflow" is what she is talking about, and that has to do with the long lines of orange barriers you see in the center median. They open those up to travel north bound, or away from the city, on the south bound lanes.

Comment

The Free Exit sign you are seeing is correct, they are in the process of putting in a toll exit for SH 242 going west and east bound. Traffic gets so backed up along IH 45 that it is rediculous, lots of crashes in this area, but I do think it is crazy that we will have to pay to exit 45 to get to 242. This has been the never ending project, they have been working on this for over a year now and just now are finished with the new entrance and exit ramps on the northbound and southbound lanes. Sure hope we aren't paying this company by the day.
          Texas State Trooper

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I'll have to remember to bring money with me next time I go down to Houston. Or maybe just not go there. That would be better.

Comment

I think that most toll tags are good on all Texas tollroads.
              I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy8116 View Post
                I think that most toll tags are good on all Texas tollroads.
                Correct... on toll roads in Texas a NTTA Toll Tag is interoperable with a TxDMV TxTag and a HCTRA/FBCTRA EZ-Tag. Now , last time I checked, you can't use a TxTag at the airports though...
                sigpic
                Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4503 users online. 276 members and 4227 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X