300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas PD Academy

The thread for what's new with Dallas PD was getting way too long. The next class starts May 11, 2011. They are planning on a class size of 35. They are still planning on starting classes in August and September with roughly 35 in each as well.

Heading down for my final phase of testing in March! Anyone else on here lined up for the May academy?

Comment

Originally posted by corona11 View Post
      Heading down for my final phase of testing in March! Anyone else on here lined up for the May academy?
      How long does the hiring process take in Dallas? Is it possible to make the August class? Are the real estate prices around Dallas reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
        How long does the hiring process take in Dallas? Is it possible to make the August class? Are the real estate prices around Dallas reasonable?
        Real estate in general in TX is low compared to rest of the country, and definitely California.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
          Tested last February

Comment

It's probably going to slow down a lot more then it has been. When I hired on it took about a two months to get the good word. Now it's about 6-12 months. And now we're being told that we're going to need to cut another 10% from our budget... so there's talk about a hiring freeze...
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Flying down to Dallas tomorrow to finish up the final phase of tests. Wish me luck!

Comment

Ill be at the test monday morning!

Comment

I tested back in August '10. Just waiting to get scheduled for my med/psych. I take it all the slots for the May academy are filled then? Last time I spoke with DPD Personnel they were still unsure about one and May, but kept mentioning August and September (as long as City Council does not ax everything).
                  "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                    It's probably going to slow down a lot more then it has been. When I hired on it took about a two months to get the good word. Now it's about 6-12 months. And now we're being told that we're going to need to cut another 10% from our budget... so there's talk about a hiring freeze...
                    6 to 12 months. WTF, what takes them so long?

Comment

Well, they have only about 80 slots this year and probably close to 2K people applying. They have to be very thorough this time around, since it's looking like this will be the last batch to go through the academy for some time...

When I went through, they were hiring 400 at a time...

Edit to add: Also, the med/psych needs to be as close to the start date of the academy as possible... so you may pass everything up to that point, but you need to wait for the academy. They're only running 3 this year, before they had one starting every 6 weeks.
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I just finished up all my testing with a very high score on exam, passed all of physical agility test's...got my oral board on Thursday at 1 any advice from anyone that has been through it? Also is their a chance I could make it into a academy like say May, August, or September? Any info would be great.

Comment

Latest word is that the May 11 class is a go and will have 23 recruits. The other classes scheduled for this year are still in doubt.

Comment

Do you know if they already have those 23 spot filled?
                            "When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come? With your hands on your head, or on the trigger of your gun. When the law break in, how you gonna go? Shot down on the pavement, or waiting in death row." - President Barack Obama

Comment

My friend just got the call for the may 11 class, so there is still hope for you guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3869 users online. 235 members and 3634 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X