300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick time....collective bargining contract

Are you able to buy back any of your sick time at the end of the fiscal year?

My current agency maxes out at 260 hrs and can't earn anymore after it maxes out.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Here, unused vacation time rolls over to sick time on your anniversery date in addition to the 15 days earned annually. You can accumulate as many sick days as you want, I have 360 right now, but are only paid for 90 upon retirement.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God MATT 5:9

Comment

Nope. Max accumulation is some really high number like 1500 hrs or something. If you were hired before a certain date, you would get paid half your sick time when you end your job. Now, they don't pay out any.

Comment

I max out at 480 hrs of sick and 240 hrs of vacation, once at that max I do not accumulate any more until I use some. Currently I have been maxed out on both for two months....I feel a cold coming on..JK we are try to raise our sick max for the next contract or have the Town place anything earned after maxing out in a "bank account" in the event we need a long extended sick time for what ever reason.

Sorry and all the time continues, we do not lose any of the time from year to year, everything gets carried over. If your not maxed out on vacation, we can "sell" sick time for half vacation, meaning 20 hrs of sick will give you 10 hrs of vacation, but this can only be done once a year.
        Last edited by SGT53; 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM. Reason: added

Comment

Nope. Not at all.

Comment

Our vacation max is based on years of service. Anything over that max converts to sick. Sick leave accured is unlimited, and any unused sick & vacation is added on to years of service come retirement.

Comment

Sick is unlimited, and on separation you get paid for 720 hours of it. From time to time, they try to sell us sick time at 1/2 price, but I don't know how many buy. I don't think many.

Vacation time can't be accrued, it is "use it or lose it" with only 40 hours being allowed to roll to the next year.
              If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

We can't buy it back at the end of the year, but we don't have a max on how much sick time we can earn. Right now, we can cash out 1700 hours of sick time when we retire.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5925 users online. 317 members and 5608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X