Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster Officer, two suspects dead

Officer, two others killed in Lancaster shootout

LANCASTER — A Lancaster police officer and two civilians were killed in a shooting in the 900 block of River Bend Drive Sunday evening.

Lancaster Police Chief Keith Humphrey said the officer was answering a domestic disturbance call around 6 p.m. when there was an exchange of gunfire.

"I just heard lots of quick shots — you know, like, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, you know — that's all I heard," said River Bend apartments resident Pat Miles. "I jumped down on the floor."

A police officer was taken to a hospital for treatment and later died. "The investigation is ongoing," Chief Humphrey said.

No names were released.

Tiffany James said she witnessed the shooting.

"When I walked over here, I seen the lady, um, the people in the car dead, and I heard the officer say,'Ooh, I shot the wrong person,' and he busted out crying," James said. "When he busted out crying, another officer grabbed him and hugged him."

Dozens of officers from Lancaster, Red Oak and DeSoto were at the scene. Investigators from the Dallas County Sheriff's department were collecting evidence and taking notes.

The county medical examiner was at the scene.

The entrance to the River Bend apartments was blocked by a Dodge sedan now covered with a blue tarp and surrounded by crime scene tape. A person in that car was among the wounded.

There were also reports of a second vehicle located near the apartment's pool area which is also being investigated as a crime scene.

"I'll keep praying for both of them — the suspect's family and the officer's family," Miles said.

Chief Humphrey said the job of police is to preserve the peace and save lives. "It's very heartbreaking," he said. "We're a family. When you work with someone every day — you work with them 12 hours a day — your families know each other, so we hope for the best for our officer."
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

word on the street is that one of the suspects was a son of a high ranking DPD officer...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

just confirmed on the news... Chief Brown's son is one of the dead suspects....

Comment

This sounds miserable in every way. Prayers for all concerned!
        We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
        but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

RIP Officer.

Comment

What is really sad is all the news media headlines are: "Son of Dallas police chief killed in Lancaster gunfire," they forgot to mention the Lancaster Officer....RIP brother.

Comment

R.I.P. Officer

My thoughts also go out to Chief Brown and his family.

Bad situation all around.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I heard through the grapevine, from someone who heard through the grapevine, that the Chief's son had an AK-47 and started the confrontation. I also heard that the Officer may have been killed y friendly fire. What a huge mess. I guess we will see at the 11:15 meeting tomorrow. RIP Lancaster Officer......

Comment

requiescat in pace
                  "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
                  -Sun Tzu

Comment

We'll continue your shift, HERO! May God bless your family and your Department..

Comment

Another sad day............f'in A. RIP sir, thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the officer.

I hope to God it's not a friendly fire situation.
                      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I have a bad feeling this is going to be a bad year.

May god rest the Officers soul.

Could this be the end of the new Dallas police chief's job if his son is the shooter?
                        Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

I can't imagine what this is doing to both depts.
                          "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                            Could this be the end of the new Dallas police chief's job if his son is the shooter?
                            Why would it be? His son is a full grown adult.

Comment

The way he raised his son is a big reflection on him.
                              Making the streets safer, one donut at a time

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6801 users online. 243 members and 6558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X