300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Nationalist Movement ??

Pardon a potential silly question from a Hoosier Lawdawg. I've been running across this group in a couple of different electronic mediums, mostly on the Cowboy Action Shooting website, and I am curious. Is this a large movement in Texas, or is this just a few radicals? I remember some rumblings of independence a couple of years ago, and the Constitutional Scholars agreed that Texas was one of the few positioned to do this, being a Republic, but is this a real possibility and is this group responsible or will it get me on an FBI watchlist?

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

I've heard of it (one of the officers at my base is from Texas). Don';t know anything else other than that - it exists.

I do know this - as cops, we're already on the FBI watchlist. Their job is to screw us, remember?

Comment

Our governor seems to be a big fan!

We have some fringe groups - The Republic of Texas, etc. who do not recognize the authority of the State Government in Austin, the DC government, etc., etc. They believe that Texas was never lawfully annexed into the Union and as such they are the true Texian government.

Now there are others who view many of the power grabs by the federal government as a clear violation of States' Rights guaranteed under the Constiution and if the feds don't want to back down, then what other choice do we have but to:
      sigpic
      Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeWhite View Post
        I've heard of it (one of the officers at my base is from Texas). Don';t know anything else other than that - it exists.

I do know this - as cops, we're already on the FBI watchlist. Their job is to screw us, remember?
        Shhhhhhh!

Toby Keith

Comment

Honestly, from many people I've talked to about it, there is a large potential support for the movement, but few who actually want to take some kind of initiative and start the fire (not a bad thing). As things stand right now, I'm just leaving well enough alone. I am a big fan of Texas' rich history, and so are many Texans, which is why I think many people would not be opposed to some kind of diplomatic and bloodshed-free separation from the union. Of course, such a separation is unlikely seeing as how the Federal government has forgotten the words of the founding fathers, particularly Jefferson, and would start a war before letting Texas become independant.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

edited post
            Last edited by Cardbb4144; 08-23-2015, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CenTex View Post
              Honestly, from many people I've talked to about it, there is a large potential support for the movement, but few who actually want to take some kind of initiative and start the fire (not a bad thing). As things stand right now, I'm just leaving well enough alone. I am a big fan of Texas' rich history, and so are many Texans, which is why I think many people would not be opposed to some kind of diplomatic and bloodshed-free separation from the union. Of course, such a separation is unlikely seeing as how the Federal government has forgotten the words of the founding fathers, particularly Jefferson, and would start a war before letting Texas become independant.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
              I agree. i think there could potentially be a breaking point though where if the U.S. federal govt goes to far, texas could take off on its own...there would large support for that. but that would be at the point where the US is falling apart because we cant pay the world our debts back...basis of an interesting glen beck episode the other day. whats the only thing the US will have when our money is worthless and we owe the world so much? land, land, land...texas will that will have NOTHING to do with that business if it ever comes to that.

Comment

Before you all in Texas close the border let this poor old Ohio boy move down there.

Comment

Originally posted by dadyswat View Post
                  Before you all in Texas close the border let this poor old Ohio boy move down there.
                  Pick me up on your way down!

Toby Keith

Comment

Right now I'm tied down taking care of my elderly father but when that's no longer a concern the wife and I are loading our fannies up and heading south and west.

Comment

Originally posted by dadyswat View Post
                      Right now I'm tied down taking care of my elderly father but when that's no longer a concern the wife and I are loading our fannies up and heading south and west.
                      Welcome All!! i saw a special on ABC news a while back that people are moving by the thousands to texas from places like new york and california...same with big companies. the taxes are just too high in other places. we like people to thrive here. our state govt doesnt need our money.

Comment

We welcome all.......

JUST DON'T KALIFORNICATE TEXAS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by usmcrob View Post
                          We welcome all.......

JUST DON'T KALIFORNICATE TEXAS!!!!
                          Yet you live in East San Francisco

sigpic
                          Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Hey I think I'm OK I know to refer to it as "The war of Northern Agression".

Comment

Never say th South lost, but brag about almost winning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6692 users online. 361 members and 6331 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X