300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final interview DPD?

For your final phase of testing at DPD, do they have interview with the chief first then psych and med after that? - thanks

When I did it, they pulled people out to do the interview while you took the pysch. Medical afterwards.

Comment

perfect thanks..

Comment

I did not have a "final interview", nor did anyone else in my class.
        “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

All the better then.. Do you they tend to tell you right there if you passed or do you get a call in a week or so?

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
            I did not have a "final interview", nor did anyone else in my class.
            Meh? You have the oral board and then a second interview with a chief. You did not interview with a chief?

Comment

Originally posted by nsdq96 View Post
              All the better then.. Do you they tend to tell you right there if you passed or do you get a call in a week or so?
              You'll leave with an idea that you passed or not... but you won't get the official call for about a week.

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
              Meh? You have the oral board and then a second interview with a chief. You did not interview with a chief?
              Nope. My process was Prescreening, Poly, Oral, psych, med, Academy.
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Not everyone has the final interview. It's only to discuss red flags that came up in your background. Everyone in my group had something, from speeding tickets to a questionable reference, that they got grilled on.
                “…unless one lives and loves in the trenches, it is difficult to remember that the war against dehumanization is ceaseless.” -Audre Lorde

Comment

Originally posted by Marp0d View Post
                  Not everyone has the final interview. It's only to discuss red flags that came up in your background. Everyone in my group had something, from speeding tickets to a questionable reference, that they got grilled on.
                  Hmm... they must have changed the process. When i went through, everybody had an interview with a chief and 2 lieutenants.

It is still listed on the DPD website.

PHASE II

Background Investigation:
                  This process takes approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks to complete.

FINAL PHASE

Final Review Board: Conducted by a Chief of Police

Psychological Examination: Written and oral exam

Medical Examination: Arranged by the Dallas Police Department

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                    Hmm... they must have changed the process. When i went through, everybody had an interview with a chief and 2 lieutenants.

It is still listed on the DPD website.
                    What I posted is what they told me in September. I can't really comment what the regular process really is.
                    “…unless one lives and loves in the trenches, it is difficult to remember that the war against dehumanization is ceaseless.” -Audre Lorde

Comment

Don't want to give anyone false hope, but for years in Dallas, if you were scheduled for the psych and medical you were a lock for an academy spot. That is of course assuming you pass them. Medical is little more then a check to see that you are actually breathing under your own power.

I believe the final review by a chief that they are referring to on the website is a review of the applicant packet. I know when the complete packet (application, background investigation, medical, and psych) is done, the last step is getting the chief over personnel section to review and sign off on it.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to the last phase. Was told I would be called in the beginning of December and that I would be taking the psych/ med only.... If I pass then I'm in the 20 Jan class.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5460 users online. 305 members and 5155 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X