Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas TX POLICE DEPT OUTOWN PROCESSING NOV 13-14

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dallas TX POLICE DEPT OUTOWN PROCESSING NOV 13-14

    Hey, I will be processing with DPD on Nov 13-14, anyone else on here scheduled during that time? Its suppose be a quicker process to help those people out of town. I'm from Atlanta GA.
    Last edited by FutureRecruit86; 11-07-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: Edit

  • #2
    DPD testing

    I will be their early Friday morning for the start of the testing. I am driving from Indiana.

    Comment


    • #3
      I will be there all the way from Indiana, to RE-TAKE my polygraph, as I am February applicant, good luck to all of you!

      Comment


      • #4
        I will be there as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          I will be there, coming from Houston.

          Comment


          • #6
            Any idea when the Dec. weekend testing might be?

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Dallas has finally gotten to the point where they can pick only the best of the best. I was sitting waiting to re take my polygraph on Friday, and noticed a lot of people being disqualified for things like speeding tickets, tattoos, downloading music, and other little things that in the past would not have necessarily been a DQ. During the pre-poly, I over heard an officer telling an applicant, that there would only be about 50 that made it through the whole process, a far cry to say the least from previous processes

              Comment


              • #8
                They dq you for downloading music??

                Thats funny considering that im sure almost 99% of the officers that work there have done it..

                I never understood the DQ somone because were only hiring 50 instead of 150. How about a letter saying sorry were only hiring 50 and your not in the top 50..

                Ohh and I will say it, If depts dq an applicant becuase of downloading things from the net, Im never going to work in the state of Texas as a police officer, no one will hire me..
                "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I guess I was one out of the 50 people that got picked. I got my background instructions. I am not worried about my background I passed their's before. The thing that made me really upset after talking to few of the people testing there during PT and pre-poly, is that some where just there because they couldn't find anything else. Let the one's that wanted to be LEOs test, because once the economy goes up again they will leave and screw the department over thus causing the department to be way understaff again. What I heard is that they are still way understaff. I am not a officer yet, but to the men and women who serve in Military and Law Enforcement that read this, "Thank you."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Thumperstuck View Post
                    I guess I was one out of the 50 people that got picked. I got my background instructions. I am not worried about my background I passed their's before. The thing that made me really upset after talking to few of the people testing there during PT and pre-poly, is that some where just there because they couldn't find anything else. Let the one's that wanted to be LEOs test, because once the economy goes up again they will leave and screw the department over thus causing the department to be way understaff again. What I heard is that they are still way understaff. I am not a officer yet, but to the men and women who serve in Military and Law Enforcement that read this, "Thank you."
                    Goodluck, I truely do hope you make it, but several people will pass this phase, it is the background/med/pysch that will kill you, because Department can be much more selective now. If you have no issues in your background youll be ok, but I know of one applicant that was DQ'd because he had a reckless driving on his record, and resigned because he knew he was going to be fired for the reckless driving. Another was DQ'd because he had 3 tickets in 24 months. But again, good luck to you and all of those who tested.

                    On a side note, I spoke with few people as well, that said they were testing because they couldnt find a job.......Although they may make great cops, it is NOT the reason to get into this job.....chances are, they are going to be the ones that we are folding a flag for someday....JMO <-- just like my neighbor, he states that he only wants to apply to small departments, because he's affraid of being shot......guess what guy, if you're affraid of being shot, you most likely WILL

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Who wants to live forever.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dpd

                        Originally posted by jerhendr2203 View Post
                        Goodluck, I truely do hope you make it, but several people will pass this phase, it is the background/med/pysch that will kill you, because Department can be much more selective now. If you have no issues in your background youll be ok, but I know of one applicant that was DQ'd because he had a reckless driving on his record, and resigned because he knew he was going to be fired for the reckless driving. Another was DQ'd because he had 3 tickets in 24 months. But again, good luck to you and all of those who tested.

                        On a side note, I spoke with few people as well, that said they were testing because they couldnt find a job.......Although they may make great cops, it is NOT the reason to get into this job.....chances are, they are going to be the ones that we are folding a flag for someday....JMO <-- just like my neighbor, he states that he only wants to apply to small departments, because he's affraid of being shot......guess what guy, if you're affraid of being shot, you most likely WILL
                        No way man I haven't got a ticket since 2005 and when it comes to my background I have pretty much a boring background. A few jobs back in high school but other then that I've had a stable work history. Never done drugs though I am not perfect I know that I should be able to pass but, like I said I've already passed their background before. Who knows but, I guess we will see when I get there. I know I dont have the job yet so I wont set my hopes to high. If someone gets it over me then I wish them the best of luck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not necessarily saying that they are DQ'ing just for downloading music, but I, and I stress I see that the Department has more "outs" so to speak. Are you going to be DQ'd for just having downloaded something off the internet.....probably not, but if you have done weed a few times, got fired from a job or two and downloaded music.....the combination may DQ you. I also noticed them letting people go with tattoos that were showing below the elbow, they were asking some to go get a "quote" to have it removed before they would allow you to continue in the process.....understandable, but I personally have seen many cops with "attractive" sleeves, and tattoos that start in the middle of the bicep/triceps and continue below the elbow, but hey I don’t make the rules, I just try to follow them as best I can.........

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jerhendr2203 were you able to make it pass your Poly if you don't want to answer that on here you can PM me. You never told us the deal whether you passed or not. I hope you did, that would be great so you can carry on and get hired with Dallas. I know Dallas is the agency I really want. I think my hard work in life will pay off. On a side note, I got to see one of their new black and white chargers on Saturday and they look really awesome, but honestly I don't care if I have to drive a old beat up Crown Vic I just want on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
                              I never understood the DQ somone because were only hiring 50 instead of 150. How about a letter saying sorry were only hiring 50 and your not in the top 50..
                              I don't work in recruiting, but I believe they misstated that if they said that. What they probably meant was that they are hiring 50 for the next class. Even with the down economy Dallas has been hiring like crazy for the police department. The focus in the recruiting section is to fill the next class. I don't know what the hire vs. not hired rate looks like right now, but for several years it was about 1 in 20-30 applicants got hired.

                              DPD made a recruiting trip that I got hired from and I asked the recruiters afterwards about it. On that trip they had 312 people apply. I don't remember if they started with the civil service exam or the physical agility test, but if you failed a section, you were dropped from the application process. The farther along in the process you got, the fewer people were in it. Anyway, 312 started. After the physical agility test, civil service exam, oral board, and polygraph, 13 of us were left. The only thing not done on the recruiting trips was a complete background interview, psych testing, and medical testing.

                              Unless the process has changed greatly, DPD recruiters will tell you when you are no longer being considered. The big holdup for most everybody is the background investigation. What generally happens is they will take the stack of applicants that have passed the other stuff. They start doing the background checks. If an academy class date is coming up (and they always are), they are under the gun to fill those seats. The easiest thing to do is go with applicants that require less investigation of their background then others to fill those seats. For example, less investigation is needed for someone that has lived in the same place all their life, didn't change schools, etc. But if we take your pool of 150 people, they don't disqualify 100 because DPD only needs 50 in the next academy class. They put the first 50 that pass in that class, and put the other hundred in the next couple classes. Due to the amount of time it takes to do a background investigation, a lot of applicants will drop out of the process. It's not unusual for DPD to take eight or nine months from the time you applied and started your testing to actually get a job offer. I always tell people if you are going to apply at Dallas PD, put your application in at least six months before you can start. That way you aren't sitting on the couch at home for months unemployed waiting for an offer.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2876 users online. 165 members and 2711 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X